Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #7

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
So my heater kit arrived today and I managed to test it already. I wired the pads via the power socket on the rear of the armrest.

I can say it gets pretty hot, almost burned my butt :)

I made sure to order pads which are factory split (cut in the middle), so the velcro strap in the middle of the seat would fit to maintain the definition. Only now it seems they are a bit smaller than expected, but given how hot they get I think it'll be ok.

Next is to to take the seats out for upgrade but I need to find the time for it.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Roxy1234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Boyko.

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #8

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

I have a Bose edition with heated electric seats. I'm pretty sure it's not leather, byt vinyl. And the heating action is lame to say the least.
Here in Sweden, all cars have heated seats, so I have tried a lot of those, and I would place these seats last of the lot, when it comes to heating power.

Agreed, the qashqai and kadjar seats are heated, but you can hardly tell, given that they take about 3-5 miles before you can even tell they are ON.

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #9

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
The OE seats have latching relays or some sort of circuit, so maybe either the control part may be missing, it also puts a light on the dash.  The OE switches and momentary push button, non latching.

ive used similar pads to the ones shown above but they have been in a couple of cars now, I don’t stick them
down as they won’t come out again.

The OE switches where £25 each and £60 for the plastic mount, which was over the top for me 2 years ago. I used the rocker switches and layers on a decent ignition switches relay power supply, after all you are heating up a piece  of wire and not an OE carbon pad.

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #10

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Here's some progress on fitting the heating pads:

I took the seat out of the car as I thought necessary but it turned is doable in-place, here are some pics:

And this is how it looks with the pads installed:

And the on/off switch:

I'll be ordering second kit for the other seat (I wasn't sure it would fit so only ordered one to try it).

As for the cabling - power is still drawn from the power socket in the back of the armrest. The fuse for the socket is 15A - same as the stock heaters fuse. All the wires are inside the arm rest next to the socket and below the storage holder up to the button. Pads power cables are going to the armrest too, under the side plastic wall.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #11

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
And I know I need a car wash but waiting for some better weather :)

Fitting new seats 1 year 2 months ago #12

• smitch6
  • Thank you received: 0
Can i ask how easy it was to fit these heating pads and where did you get them from pls

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds