• Page:

TOPIC:

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #1

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Looking to see how you would go about fitting full leather seats, I have a Bose sig, I guess all the wires would be there for wiring heated and electric adjust... reason is I find the cloth part of the seats mark very easy, and missing the heated seats.. Any ideas on this subject  thanks in advance..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #2

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
I have not fitted leather seats in place of the cloth ones but I've done some research as I am about to fit heated seat pads in my Kadjar. It seems that the harness is different for the power seats (leather ones that move by electric motors), so installing leather seats with built-in heaters is not plug and play. And even if it was you would also need the heating seats switches (on/off buttons) which are quite expensive for purchase from Renault.

I expect my aftermarket heating seat pads kit to arrive next week so most likely next weekend I'll be upgrading my car - I'll share more details and may do a step by step howto. Note that this is to upgrade the cloth seats by adding heating elements under the cloth, not installing power / leather seats from another vehicle.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Ok thanks will check it out when you post it ... I would have thought that as mine is a signature Bose with all the xtra that the signature S has except the leather seats the harness would be the same underneath the seats... But it’s a Renault it was never going to be that easy..

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #4

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
You may still want to check what type of harness you have under the seats. What I verified is that my car has the fuse slot for heated seats in the fuse box, and there even is a fuse installed in the slot (even though its not in use as I don't have heated seats option). So best to check what is under the seat.

Also it should still be possible to replace the harness too along with the seats themselves.

Here's a useful diagram that I came across - http://www.nirogue.com/front_seat-1061.html

The diagram is for Nissan but the seats appear to be the same as on Kadjar.

Note the difference in harness for power seats and manual seats (positions 17 for power and 15 for manual).
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roxy1234

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #5

• Thank you received: 8
I have a Bose edition with heated electric seats. I'm pretty sure it's not leather, byt vinyl. And the heating action is lame to say the least.
Here in Sweden, all cars have heated seats, so I have tried a lot of those, and I would place these seats last of the lot, when it comes to heating power.

Last edit: by 1898.

Fitting new seats 5 years 1 month ago #6

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The Bose signature has half faux leather fabric but the Bose signature s have full leather seats.... Thanks for the info on how good the seats are because our last car was a Honda CR-V and the heated seats were amazing... so on your advice I don’t think I will bother.   

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds