Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Replacing front door speakers 5 years 2 months ago #1

• Bodi
  • Bodi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys.

Please can you help me? Recently I have had Renault upgrade the speakers in the front doors and the sound is now worse than the with the factory fitted speakers?
Absolutely no bass???
I would like to check if they have wired correctly and therefore need to know the best way to remove the door cards. I can't find any blueprints online to advise the order in which to remove the parts. Can anyone help?

Thank for taking the time to read my query.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replacing front door speakers 5 years 2 months ago #2

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
If they make any sound at all then they must be wired properly. Have you checked the built in equalizer to increase the bass levels?
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Replacing front door speakers 5 years 2 months ago #3

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The front door speakers are likely to be full range so just 2 wires to connect. If there was an issue with the wiring you wound get no sound at all.

You say Renault did this?, I'd go back and explain/complain if needed. You can get a duff speaker if the cone is damaged or obstructed, wires touching the rear of the cone can dampen sound. It's not an upgrade if it sounds worse. I have test CDs that go through the whole range of 16hz to 20k hz, but as the Kadjar has no CD input that's not much use to you. You can probably get these now on a stick, might be useful if you end up arguing.

Replacing front door speakers 5 years 2 months ago #4

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
In addition - if I may ask, did you have the Focal Premium speakers installed or others?
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Replacing front door speakers 5 years 2 months ago #5

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
It is not just like no sound if wiring is wrong... you still get something if you mix plus and minus... but this something is worse then nothing...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Replacing front door speakers 5 years 2 months ago #6

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
If the sound is not to your satisfaction, why not go back to those that fitted them?
Did you not check the sound quality before leaving the installer?
Are they the same impedance as the old speakers, now that sounds like I know something, I don't, just seems like something sensible to put in the mix....

https://www.lifewire.com/speaker-impedance-3134705
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds