• Page:

TOPIC:

Windscreen seal 4 years 7 months ago #1

• rob2005
  • rob2005's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi

The seal across the top of my windscreen had worked loose in the middle, I can push it back in but after a few days it pops out again - when it pops out I get a horrible noise at motorway speeds; so is there a knack to getting it to stay in or do I need to visit the dealer? Any self fix would be appreciated as my local dealer is not very local!

On a similar thread, the drivers window - if I get in the car and there is moisture on the outside in every other car I've owned opening and closing the window would clear it; but not on the Kadjar - is there a problem or is this a 'feature' ??

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Windscreen seal 4 years 7 months ago #2

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
Don't know how old your car is but our Oct 66 car had to have it's windscreen removed to fix the upper seal. It wasn't loose but did create excessive wind noise. A number of other owners reported the same problem. Repair was done under warranty.

Windscreen seal 4 years 7 months ago #3

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Hi

The seal across the top of my windscreen had worked loose in the middle, I can push it back in but after a few days it pops out again - when it pops out I get a horrible noise at motorway speeds; so is there a knack to getting it to stay in or do I need to visit the dealer? Any self fix would be appreciated as my local dealer is not very local!

On a similar thread, the drivers window - if I get in the car and there is moisture on the outside in every other car I've owned opening and closing the window would clear it; but not on the Kadjar - is there a problem or is this a 'feature' ??

Thanks in advance.

I got a drivers window seal replaced under warranty and noticed they put something like a liquid rubber which acts like a glue to keep the seal in. Maybe look at your local car shop if they have something similar that could work?
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: rob2005

Windscreen seal 4 years 4 months ago #4

• Adonis
  • Thank you received: 1
thought I had made a comment or started a new thread on this a while back but cant find it.
Ive got the same issue originally the dealership said Renault would not cover it under warranty but advised me to complain direct to Renault, which I did. subsequently I get a call from the dealership saying Renault will cover it so Friday it went in to have the seal repaired. but wait, the dealership cannot get the rear camera to configure ?? one person tells me on Friday all the sensorsl go through the windscreen today, Monday, im told it may now need a new camera. why? what have they done.

Windscreen seal 4 years 4 months ago #5

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
If they replaced the windscreen make sure that a Renault branded one is fitted. Check that the shaded area at the top of the screen is smooth. If it is "bobbled", as many aftermarket ones are, then the sensors will never seat properly and work.

Re:Windscreen seal 4 years 4 months ago #6

• socialmailer
  • Thank you received: 1

If they replaced the windscreen make sure that a Renault branded one is fitted. Check that the shaded area at the top of the screen is smooth. If it is "bobbled", as many aftermarket ones are, then the sensors will never seat properly and work.

Which sensor are you referring to here..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds