Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re:Re:Windscreen seal 4 years 4 months ago #7

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

If they replaced the windscreen make sure that a Renault branded one is fitted. Check that the shaded area at the top of the screen is smooth. If it is "bobbled", as many aftermarket ones are, then the sensors will never seat properly and work.

Which sensor are you referring to here..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

All, that is behind the rear view mirror - Camera, rain, light detectors...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Windscreen seal 4 years 4 months ago #8

• rob2005
  • rob2005's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Renault sorted mine under warranty. They said they may have to replace the windscreen and sensors when they resealed the unit and replaced the seals as sometimes they break.

On my own inspection it looks like they didn't break so all they did is sort the seals out. All in all pleased as my issue is sorted

Windscreen seal 4 years 4 months ago #9

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
The ones that sit behind the black cover at the top of the screen. Your mention of the sensors led me to that.

Windscreen seal 4 years 3 months ago #10

• Adonis
  • Thank you received: 1
well here is an update:
Despite the dealership telling me all sorts of stories I contacted Renault customer services to further complain about the service I was receiving from the dealership. According to Renault they thought the matter of the windscreen seal had been resolved which it had but dealership not keeping Renault informed of progress regarding rear camera. Within 30 minutes I had a call from Enterprise offering me a high spec hire car at no cost to me until a new camera had been received and fitted. This was done on 2nd January, four weeks after they first took my car in. Renault constantly kept me updated unlike the dealership. Renault also offered my £100 as compensation towards next service.
All in All not happy about service from dealership but Renault tried to make things right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds