Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

When was keyless entry introduced 3 years 9 months ago #7

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Not necessarily, Walk away locking was introduced late 2016, manufactured. Some 66 plates have it some dont.

If it’s got walk away locking, it’ll have a glove box light and auto fold mirrors when locking occurs.

If it’s got these items then check in the rink2 menu system, I think it’s under vehicle, somewhere in there is the on/off switch. It’s labelled the same pre walkaway locking.

My 66 reg is actually January 2017, so it really should have it. If everything else works, what's stopping the auto lock if it already can detect if I have the key card on me?

The official video talks about a "hands free mode" and a "manual mode", implying the former is the one that triggers the auto lock. I think that has something to do with it, as once you press a button on the key card it will move into manual mode and hands free won't work. But I tried it directly after stopping the engine and the auto lock still doesn't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When was keyless entry introduced 3 years 9 months ago #8

• Kadjar Matt
  • Thank you received: 2
This just gets more curious - I have a glove box light and the mirrors auto fold when I lock the car manually from the key card. But the auto lock doesn't work when I walk away.

in the Vehicle -> User Settings menu, there are options for 'door auto-lock while driving' and 'hands free key functions'. Both are set to "On".

Re:When was keyless entry introduced 3 years 9 months ago #9

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Are you the first owner? If not, the previous one might've disabled it through ddt4all or similar.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:When was keyless entry introduced 3 years 9 months ago #10

• Kadjar Matt
  • Thank you received: 2
I bought it used - one previous owner through Motability.

Re:When was keyless entry introduced 3 years 9 months ago #11

• jokso
  • Thank you received: 3
Mine is 2015 bought used from France. It has keyless entry and walk away auto lock of course, but it doesn't have auto fold mirrors.
Anyway I turned off keyless entry in rlink, because it is very very easy and cheap to steal cars that way, and use keyfob like with old car.

Sent from my phone

Last edit: by jokso.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds