Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question re aftermarket / 'official' reverse parking sensors? 3 years 8 months ago #1

• Milemarker
  • Milemarker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all - any help appreciated on this, as this secondhand Kadjar is the first car I've owned in about 20 years, so I'm a bit behind the times on all this technology!

I've just picked up a used 2017 Kadjar and immediately I'm a little thrown by the size of the thing - I had originally thought that it came fitted with reverse parking sensors, as there was an options screen for them in the touchscreen, but that appears to not be the case... I'm now looking into getting some fitted.

Is there any knowledge out there on whether we can buy 'official' parts and have them fitted (and if so, are there any part numbers / details available?) - I'm assuming this would mean they would integrate into the touch screen with the reversing radar view?

Alternatively, are there any third party sensors that are compatible with the touch screen? I know that I could go to a garage and get something fitted fairly cheaply, but from what I've seen, most of these just give a bleeping warning, they probably don't integrate into the actual car system?

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question re aftermarket / 'official' reverse parking sensors? 3 years 8 months ago #2

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I would have thought that a 2017 model would have at least rear sensors. What spec is your car? Mine's a 2017 and has both front and rear sensors (a God's send). Do you see anything on your rear bumper (4 or 5 circular indentations). As you rightly say, judging distance over the bonnet and out the back is difficult without them. Are the options in RLink greyed out?
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karl

Question re aftermarket / 'official' reverse parking sensors? 3 years 8 months ago #3

• Milemarker
  • Milemarker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah, it's an early 2017 model in dynamique nav trim and the sensor options are all greyed out in rlink.

No indentations on the rear bumper either - I have a duo dash cam arriving soon that I'm hopeful may help a bit, but having a hella time parking the thing!

Question re aftermarket / 'official' reverse parking sensors? 3 years 8 months ago #4

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi again, if you bought the car at a Renault dealer it might be worth your while to have a word with them about a retro fit (costs etc). Then at least you will know that it will all tie in with your RLink. Knowing Renault it won't be cheap but at least it'll be done right and won't affect any warranty that you may or may not have. Otherwise ... I suppose it's your call. Best of luck.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Question re aftermarket / 'official' reverse parking sensors? 3 years 8 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Check this download page HERE as it has Front and Rear Parking information
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Question re aftermarket / 'official' reverse parking sensors? 3 years 8 months ago #6

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I suspect you have the dynamique UK model, that doesn’t have sensors fitted. Unfortunately there’s not a kit that will interface with the Rlink2, anything that the dealer can supply to retro fit them.

The only thing possible is to fit after market sensors, the Renault type are a tad expensive and have a switch and a bleeper, much the same as any other aftermarket type.

What you could consider doing is fitting a reverse camera, relatively easier than reverse sensors and may be less expensive. Cabling is there into the tail gate cameras (6volt) are easier to get hold off, I little bit of turning the Rlink2 on in a hidden menu or computer program and it’ll work on the OE Rlink screen.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds