Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #1

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all,

I've been battling with Renault for 3 years to replace a faulty screen! After over 15 visits to the dealer, they finally replaced my radio last week.

DON'T GET TOO EXCITED, renaults dire customer service has let them down again. The radio still doesn't work! I'll upload a video of it constantly stalling!

Anyway... That's a different point to the one I want to ask.

They have replaced it and I've noticed a new menu on the screen but it has been blacked out. See picture.

It says smartphone. I wonder if this is the android auto and apple car play function but has been disabled by the dealer?

Does anyone know if once this is all over (meaning they fix the stalling screen) whether I can enable this function to use it?

I'm not looking for a hack and file download. I'm wondering now that I have an updated radio (I have a 2016 1.5 DCI that didn't come with android auto originally) is there I was I can just get it into developer mode and flick the switch!?

Thanks for reading all!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #2

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
I asked the same question on this thread but no one answered

https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/forum/renault-r-link/1028-r-link-2-missing-settings-from-first-time-use.html

Also do you have an email app?? It's in the manual but cant find it anywhere.

Last edit: by BRUCE225.

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
To clarify this for good. If your cars multimedia originaly does not include support for Android Auto, MirrorLink or Carplay then replaced device will neither.
As simple, why. Whole initial configuration under VIN is also stored on Renault services server, so in case of replace is downloaded and apply from there. Buying applications, subscription services, official upgrades left feedback information and are writted back. Manual hacks from developer mode are not synchronized back.
In your case you have to enable AA manualy either trough developer mode or trough DDT4All. And not to be happy to soon, if you haven’t have AA and CP befire, CarPlay will not work even with newest device. You will need a new USB front ports. This is valid for Kadjars prior to 2017/5 when AA and CP becames standard equipment.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #4

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
So you are saying this icon is for AA/CarPlay so once I've connected through AA this icon will no longer be greyed out.

Mines a late 2019

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #5

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
So it looks like it’s got V7 software on it, the smart phone icon will be active if an iPhone is connected to the car via BT. It gives a little bit of functionality via Siri, so when asking Siri for something, Siri will use the ‘car radio’ speakers and microphone’ for audio To communicate with you.
This function only works with Apple and not android phones.

As for ACP and AA, it is possible to enable AA through ddt4all or the developers menu, which is covered in the relevant threads. When an android phone is connected via a suitable usb cable, AA will automatically start.

Unfortunately ACP doesn’t work yet, I say yet as things are developing and being discovered constantly it’s thought that something is missing from the ‘radio’ chain to make it work be it software or hardware based.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BRUCE225

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #6

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
For Apple CarPlay... This is payable service, car manufacturer must pay a licence fee to use this (in opposite to AndroidAuto which is obviously free). As I spoke with my colleague who does programming and enhancements on VAG group, on older models you have to change USB ports with those which have built-in chip for ACP...
I already covered 2 situations:
- R-Link2 in 2016 year model, upgraded to 3.3.16.961 and ACP enabled... It does not work (detect, but not work)
- R-Link2, brand new (changed because of failure) with 9.x FW in 2016 year Talisman. ACP enabled, it detects phone, but immediately after that stop working
So only situation I do not cover is to change front USB ports in dashboard with new model...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds