Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #7

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Bruce225 - I believe so. As long as you have the android auto app installed on your phone and connect this up to one of your USB ports it should work! It's much better than the maps that come with the Kadjar! Let me know how it goes. Slightly envious of you! There's some simple videos on YouTube which shows you how it works with the Kadjar!

Robertp - Thanks for that! I guess I knew the answer already but wondered why I would even have the option when it didn't exist on the old radio. The other strange part about it all was that I was told there was a long waiting list for the radios... In the region of six months. I spoke to other owners who have had them replaced and they waited the same! Within a week they had found a replacement. So I wondered whether they had just stuck a new one in! I'll keep on dreaming.

Darenh - Thanks for this! Very useful. Like I said above... I thought that after fighting to get a new screen for such a long time, I was hoping that something positive would have come out of it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NEW Radio... Android auto? 3 years 8 months ago #8

• BRUCE225
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

So it looks like it’s got V7 software on it, the smart phone icon will be active if an iPhone is connected to the car via BT. It gives a little bit of functionality via Siri, so when asking Siri for something, Siri will use the ‘car radio’ speakers and microphone’ for audio To communicate with you.
This function only works with Apple and not android phones.

As for ACP and AA, it is possible to enable AA through ddt4all or the developers menu, which is covered in the relevant threads. When an android phone is connected via a suitable usb cable, AA will automatically start.

Unfortunately ACP doesn’t work yet, I say yet as things are developing and being discovered constantly it’s thought that something is missing from the ‘radio’ chain to make it work be it software or hardware based.

Had a play today and found in the settings "Smartphone" which Daren is correct is a Apple only option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds