Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Emergency key not working 3 years 4 months ago #7

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Thanks. It doesn't unlock the door. It fits and turns ok but does not unlock. Have you or anyone ever tried the key?

I have used mine in the past and it works. Because of the shape of the key, no physical handle as such, it is awkward to use. It is definitely the driver's door that it operates, I'm in the UK as well, and there is no sound of the central locking being operated and it only opens that door and no other.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Emergency key not working 3 years 4 months ago #8

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I have had plenty of experience with many varied manufacturers relating to emergency keys and keyless entry systems. I can confirm the lock mechanisms are stiff to turn, but they do work. They are designed to work to gain entry to the vehicle but it only opens the door with the manual lock fitted. Some use drivers door. Lots use passenger door. Some have a plastic cover over the lock to make it look nice. But they will work they just require more effort to turn fully.

Emergency key not working 3 years 4 months ago #9

• gat
  • gat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks.
It does work afterall, I had to use a pair of pliers to get enough force on the key. Not good if I need to use it when not at home.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds