Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 1 year 5 months ago #19

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Floody1979!

Glad to see it wasn't just me that needed to sort the turbo pipe out! 

I'm in the same boat with the glow plugs. I haven't had them replaced yet but I know that they are on their way out. Winter last year saw the car turn over a few times before starting. Was advised that I may need to change the glow plugs but given it was the end of winter I thought I'd try and get another year out of them. 

Now it's starting to go cold again, it's already showing signs of stress. Might get it booked in and get those glow plugs replaced. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 10 months 3 weeks ago #20

• rachelw0201
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

Looking for some help. Like others in this forum, my 2016 renault kadjar started showing 'check injection' and spanner sign and was loosing power when driving. I took into my local & trusted garage who replaced the glow plugs and cleaned out the pipes (cost £420). The car was like brand new for 2 weeks then started again with the warning signs and losing power. Now it also has a 'check pollution' sign as well and i took it back to the garage and they had a look over and said its obviously a renault fault and i will need to take it to renault. I'm now freaking out that this is going to cost an absolute fortune!! Do you think it needs the turbo pipes replaced? I don't understand why if the mechanic cleaned all the pipes last month and I've been using superior diesel since then... very frustrating and worrying!!

Any help/advice is very much appreciated!

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 10 months 2 weeks ago #21

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Rachel, 

Sorry to hear that! 

I have always been unsure of taking my car back to the main dealer because of the price. The problem is with this issue is that the codes it throws up could mean a number of things. You could be there for ages trying to figure out what's wrong and even worse, out of pocket. 

Don't panic, it's not all lost money! The glow plugs would need changing around this time anyway, so you future proofed your car in readiness for the winter. 

I suffered no loss of power with my car and neither did many of the others on this thread. Although if a turbo pipe is blocked bad enough, you could argue that it could cause a loss in power but this is a total guess. 

Did you ask the garage if they cleaned the turbo pipe? You may find they cleaned pipes but not actually looked at this one. 

It's interesting because there wasn't an option to clean this with Renault. They said it would need replacing. Makes me think that this is something that can't be cleaned effectively enough and instead needs totally replacing. 

Your best best is to find a Renault garage who deal with these cars all of the time. It is a pain as the prices are higher but I haven't had a problem with the car since! 

Hope it all works out. 

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 9 months 3 weeks ago #22

• JOHN90
  • Thank you received: 0
had this same problem with my Kadjar put in some fuel cleaner in the tank and ran the car reset the fault with my OBD reader fault went away.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds