Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 3 months ago #1

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all,

Wondering if I can get some insight on this issue before I crawl down the rabbit hole?

I was driving my car when the service light popped up with a message in the display saying 'check injection'. Nothing happened with the car and it felt fine. Then later that day I drove the car and the dreaded engine management light came of with another message saying 'check anti-pollution system'. The annoying part of all this is that the MOT is about to run out on the 1st and it will definitely fail because this management light is on.

I've run it on a car reader and it's come up with two faults 'Glow plug' and 'Exhaust pressure'. The fault codes and the full explanation are all in the pictures attached to this.

My problem is that I went online and it was like typing in you've got a bad back and coming away with only days to live! There were a million things it could be. Annoyingly it's out of warranty but renault has recently updated the injectors.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Anything that I could say to the mechanic to reduce the risk of paying for parts that do not need replacing?

Appreciate the help as always.

It's a 1.5 DCI by the way!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 3 months ago #2

• rishisood
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi LukieHughes,

I hope you managed to fix the problem with your car.

I've run into the same issue with my Renault Kadjar 1.5 DCI (66 Reg).

When I started the engine few days ago, 'Check injection' warning message came up on the dashboard along with illuminated spanner (service light). I drove around the backstreets for a bit (no more than a mile) before returning home as I didn't want to risk breaking down in the middle of nowhere. The car felt absolutely normal to drive, but it was in town and I was doing no more than 20 miles/hour. I started the engine again after a couple of days - this time 'Check anti-pollution system' message came up along with engine management light.

Everything was clear in the last service, which was in September'20. Since then, the car has virtually sat on the drive (due to ongoing Covid restrictions) only doing about 160 miles. The warranty expired in September.

Would you kindly share some information about the fault with your car and what was done to resolve it?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 3 months ago #3

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
dpf filter maybe

Last edit: by gsa1967.

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 3 months ago #4

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Rishisood,

Those were the exact same steps as me. First the check injection then check anti pollution system in fairly close succession.

I've done a bit of research on it and lots of people say you need to take it on a long drive to regenerate the filters (I'm not sure if this is the DPF filter or the Catalytic converter). I had already been on a long drive for nearly four hours so I'm sure that something as simple (and cheap) as that wouldn't work.

I haven't got much further unfortunately. I've managed to reset the codes so the engine management light isn't on anymore but the codes are 'permenant' codes and cannot be deleted from the system until renault looks at it.

I've got it booked in for the 15th of February where I'll know more. They are charging 144 quid to just diagnose the problem! I told them I had the codes but they said their detection system will give more detail.

It's annoying because I've just had an injector update. It was a recall and I took it back to get the injectors updated and then within a couple of months, this happens! Annoying!

I'll keep you up to date when I see them next month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rishisood

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 3 months ago #5

• rishisood
Hi Lukiehughes,

Thanks for your response.

I've created another Topic on this forum describing the issue I'm facing, which seems exactly the same you had. Lets see if another user picks it up has something useful to share with us. Fingers crossed....

Best Regards!

Check injection/check anti-pollution system 3 years 2 months ago #6

• rishisood
Hi LukieHughes,

I hope you are keeping in good spirits and the problem with your Kadjar is now fixed.

I was curious to follow up and and find out what Renault diagnostics had to say about the underlying fault? Was it costly to repair, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds