Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Used buying advice / engine differences 2 years 11 months ago #1

• SMcG
  • SMcG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Just recently joined trying to get some info on the Kadjar as I'm intending to purchase a used one imminently. 

I've been looking at the market and I'm trying to decide between and 18 reg 1.2 Dynamique S Nav and a 68 reg 1.3 Dynamique S Nav. 

The 68 reg is slightly cheaper, having done more miles (34k), and likely also because it's from a car supermarket. It was previously either a lease or hire car, but it seems to have been well looked after and has a full service history (2 services). I have read all the hire/lease car pros and cons and this doesn't put me off. 

The 18 reg has done about 27k miles, also has service history, but the dealer is charging more despite it being worth slightly less from what I can gather from auto traders valuation tool. I assume it's worth less because it's slightly older and the 1.2 engine??

Just wanted to get thoughts on the 1.2 v 1.3 engine and whether one is preferable over the other? Did anything change on the car between 18 and 68 plates or are they the same? 

Any advice appreciated. 

Thanks, 
Sam 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by SMcG. Reason: Typo

Used buying advise / engine differences 2 years 11 months ago #2

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
I had the 1.2 S Nav and found it to be a damn good all-round car. I have since changed to a different car (new Captur) with the 1300 engine and I am delighted with it. I would advise you to go with the 1300 (TCE140): better mpg, and more torque. 7000 miles more makes no difference, it’s a good engine.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof
The following user(s) said Thank You: SMcG

Used buying advise / engine differences 2 years 11 months ago #3

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I changed from a 1.2 Kadjar to a 1.3 Kadjar and I have to say that the 1.3 is the better one. Apart from better performance, the economy is about 10% -15% improved.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue
The following user(s) said Thank You: SMcG

Used buying advice / engine differences 2 years 11 months ago #4

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
i have the 1.2 turbo . it is a good allaround but if in the year 2018 was the 1.3 turbo   defintelly i would  go  for the 1.3. better engine more torgue more power

Last edit: by gsa1967.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds