Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Warning light 5 years 8 months ago #1

• Jenbalmain
  • Jenbalmain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hope someone can help me. I bought my Kadjar yesterday. Driving home tonight the parking brake started flashing, the parking symbol flashed on my dashboard, the spanner symbol appeared and 2 warning appeared. It said "check hill assist" and "check parking brake".  I pulled over and turned the engine off. When I started the engine back up the warning was still on. When I pulled off it all disappeared and I drove about 5 miles and had no further warnings. Was this user error or do I need to take it to a garage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Warning light 5 years 8 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Me personally would see what happens over the next couple of days, but check that the parking brake is operating correctly and whether the hill start assist works,
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Warning light 5 years 8 months ago #3

• Jenbalmain
Thank you. I've got it booked in with the garage that I bought it from on Monday but i will try it out the weekend and see what happens. I thought the spanner light would stay on if it was a problem? 

Warning light 5 years 8 months ago #4

• barracuda1
  • Thank you received: 17

Hope someone can help me. I bought my Kadjar yesterday. Driving home tonight the parking brake started flashing, the parking symbol flashed on my dashboard, the spanner symbol appeared and 2 warning appeared. It said "check hill assist" and "check parking brake".  I pulled over and turned the engine off. When I started the engine back up the warning was still on. When I pulled off it all disappeared and I drove about 5 miles and had no further warnings. Was this user error or do I need to take it to a garage?

I had the same  check parking brake message and spanner warning lamp,about 4 months ago and  did the same pulled over and restarted, never appeared again  :-)
DynamiqueNav 1.5 Flame Red January 2017 66 Reg

Warning light 5 years 8 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Agreed, if any lights are on act accordingly, lights off play it as you see fit.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Warning light 5 years 8 months ago #6

• Jenbalmain
I can't help but think it was user error, I've only drove a micra before, the Kadjar is something else! Love it but need to get used to all the gadgets!

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds