Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Automatic fog lights? 2 years 5 months ago #1

• rennierenault
  • rennierenault's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anybody tell me if the headlights are on automatic operation will the car automatically put the fog lights on too when it needs to or do you have to operate them yourself manually ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Automatic fog lights? 2 years 5 months ago #2

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
No the fog lights are manual, turn them on when you need them.
The headlights are automatic only to the extent of when it’s dark, they are turned on at a set point, overall outside brightness level.  They won’t turn themselves on in the fog unless it is very dull. 
There are a lot of folk who forget to turn their headlights on when needed in rain and fog.

Automatic fog lights? 2 years 5 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
But main problem is not in headlight but in fact that with DRL, tail is in dark unless you modified setting with DDT4ALL… with me, I do not care anymore, my tail is always illuminated and therefore visible.
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Automatic fog lights? 2 years 4 months ago #4

• Puggers
  • Thank you received: 1
I have always thought it strange that the rear lights do not come on with the DRL & I would like to be able to turn them on so, could I ask, for not very tech-savvy 75 year olds amongst us, what is DDT4ALL referring to in the previous post,, please?

Automatic fog lights? 2 years 4 months ago #5

• Brummie
  • Thank you received: 7
DDT4ALL is an Open Source software that is widely used by experienced Car enthusiasts/DIYers to adjust, amend default software settings.  In order to use it, you probably require an OBD-II connector, a laptop with DDT4ALL installed.

I am not at all experienced in Car DIYs, therefore I am extremely wary of using it to avoid the possibility of messing with values that I don't understand and for the fear that I might really harm the functionality of the entire Car which would cost me much more :-)

This link here gives you a high level usage of DDT4ALL.

https://www.evilution.co.uk/mod/ddt4all-installing.htm
https://www.gps-rlink.com/r-link-1/activate-android-auto-waze-on-r-link-1/

Last edit: by Brummie.

Automatic fog lights? 2 years 4 months ago #6

• Puggers
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Brummie,

Thank you for that. As someone who needs my daughter & granddaughter to show me how to use some of the functions on my smart phone, I think I will leave well alone in case I mess up everything in the car! Oh for my Series Land Rover days when a hammer & a screwdriver was all that was needed for any repairs & the most technologically advanced thing in the car was the FM radio.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds