Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suitable earth/ground for Trickle charger 2 years 2 months ago #1

• Brummie
  • Brummie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Recently bought a CTEK MXS 5.0 trickle charger which said connect red crocodile clip positive and negative to a suitable earth/ground point.  I don't know which one is a suitable earth point. I'm no techie, not even at the basic level, so don't own tools as there is no point if you don't know how to use them. Would it be possible for any one to take a picture of earth point with bonnet open and mark it out?

Alternatively. I will take a picture of my car and attach it here, so that it can be marked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brummie.

Suitable earth/ground for Trickle charger 2 years 2 months ago #2

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
i have ctek charger. the black tringle goes  to the black pole in your batery and the red from the charger to the red in the batery.

Suitable earth/ground for Trickle charger 2 years 2 months ago #3

• Brummie
  • Brummie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7

i have ctek charger. the black tringle goes  to the black pole in your batery and the red from the charger to the red in the batery.

That's what I thought but the support video from CTEK says otherwise

Suitable earth/ground for Trickle charger 2 years 2 months ago #4

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
i take the + triangle (red i think) to the + pole of the batery and the - triangle (black)  to the - pole

"CONNECT AND DISCONNECT THE CHARGER TO A BATTERY INFO If the battery clamps are incorrectly connected, the reverse polarity protection will ensure that the battery and charger are not damaged. For batteries mounted inside a vehicle 1. Connect the red clamp to the battery's positive pole. 2. Connect the black clamp to the vehicle chassis remote from the fuel pipe and the battery. 3. Connect the charger to the wall socket 4. Disconnect the charger from the wall socket before disconnecting the battery 5. Disconnect the black clamp before the red clamp. Some vehicles may have positively earthed batteries. 1. Connect the black clamp to the battery's negative pole. 2. Connect the red clamp to the vehicle chassis remote from the fuel pipe and the battery. 3. Connect the charger to the wall socket 4. Disconnect the charger from the wall socket before disconnecting the battery 5. Disconnect the red clamp before the black clamp."

its from msx 5.0 manual

http://www.ctek.com/storage/6522FAFFDFC6509C58E0C50EB850A653769954DBC2033E7ABB1ACA8B5FF11526/d4c71f1fcf354b37bdfb3841d00adafd/pdf/media/122f6a27af714a64bb4c1a23efa9d074/MXS_5.0-manual-low-UK-EN.pdf

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds