Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Bosch Fuel Filter 2 years 1 month ago #1

• stooboy
  • stooboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, new here but dipped into the forums a few times as a visitor and found it usefull.

I also find youtube usefull also and as there wasnt a video for repalcing the fuel filter on the Renault KAdjar i decided to record my own DIY attempt today.  On the youtube videos for the Quashqai the fuel filter has four pipes into it and on mine it has two and some connector block on it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I marked the new bosh filter with the date and mileage of current car (1.5DCI 2016 Bose edition)

The physical swap was a breeze and took maybe 15minutes, however, on the other videos the older engines have a hand pump primer and from research the more modern one has an electronic pump auto primer, so i cycled the ignition a few times and could hear the filter being primed, when i first tried to start the car it did splutter a bit, but i stoped it and started again and off it went....

HOWEVER.... i had no warning lights on now i have a Clean filter warning light.

the OBD scanner says this is due to water in the filter, so i disconnected everything and checked for leaks and air, put it back test drove it motorway 70mph no problems still the light, reset it imediately its back on,  so on the old filter it says to drain it from the drain, I tried this on the new filter, but the auto pump pushed A LOT of deisel out the bottom, maybe more , but  at least it shows filter is well primed and should be no water, tighten the drain valve, reset the error and again start the car and immediately there is the error.....

any ideas appreciated car runs fine but worry about it cutting out at somepoint and going to limp...Hello, new here but dipped into the forums a few times as a visitor and found it usefull.

I also find youtube usefull also and as there wasnt a video for repalcing the fuel filter on the Renault KAdjar i decided to record my own DIY attempt today.  On the youtube videos for the Quashqai the fuel filter has four pipes into it and on mine it has two and some connector block on it.

I marked the new bosh filter with the date and mileage of current car (1.5DCI 2016 Bose edition)

The physical swap was a breeze and took maybe 15minutes, however, on the other videos the older engines have a hand pump primer and from research the more modern one has an electronic pump auto primer, so i cycled the ignition a few times and could hear the filter being primed, when i first tried to start the car it did splutter a bit, but i stoped it and started again and off it went....

HOWEVER.... i had no warning lights on now i have a Clean filter warning light.

the OBD scanner says this is due to water in the filter, so i disconnected everything and checked for leaks and air, put it back test drove it motorway 70mph no problems still the light, reset it imediately its back on,  so on the old filter it says to drain it from the drain, I tried this on the new filter, but the auto pump pushed A LOT of deisel out the bottom, maybe more , but  at least it shows filter is well primed and should be no water, tighten the drain valve, reset the error and again start the car and immediately there is the error.....

any ideas appreciated car runs fine but worry about it cutting out at somepoint and going to limp...

thinking to put the old filter back in see if fault clears.

This message has an attachment image.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bosch Fuel Filter 2 years 1 month ago #2

• stooboy
  • stooboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Not sure what is going on with this forum interface keeps diapearing.

Long story short, replaced fuel filter in Renault KAdjar 2016 bose edition with a bosch after fitting constant clean disel filter with error related to water in the sytem after draining and clearing saying the same

i have found on a Nissan Forum for the QQ that there are two filter types one with a water sensor and one without. and you need to ensure the colour on the top is the same so orig had a white top and new has a black top....

PN for intrest Euro CAr parts advised based on registration Procut Code 503700247

Which equate to Bosch N2201 F 026 402 201

Ill put the old one back in tommorow and see if fault clears, and then get in touch with euro car parts to try and get the right fit.

Anyone else seen this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stooboy.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds