Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ERRATIC TEMP GAUGE 1 year 6 months ago #1

• Timnick10
  • Timnick10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

66 plate 1.5 DCi Eco 2 38000miles. Temp gauge seems erratic as starts with 2 bars, then jumps up to 4, after a while back to 2 and so on. Not overheating and coolant level is fine. This is the first time that this has happened but I noticed at the time the satnav reset itself to default for no reason. I'm guessing a dealer visit for a diag test but just wondering if anyone has had this and what the outcome was. Cheers in advance, Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ERRATIC TEMP GAUGE 1 year 6 months ago #2

• Lukiehughes
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Tim, 

That sounds completely normal to me. I have the same 1.5DCI and it'll do that depending on the temp outside and driving conditions. If I push it a little, the temperature gauge goes up halfway and then if I'm waiting at lights or back to what would be classed as normal driving it'll drop back down. 

I live in a hilly area so when I'm traveling upwards the temp will increase and then drop when I'm on my way back down. 

Might save you a costly diagnosis charge! See what others say but I would say that it is completely normal. As long as it is not hitting the red, you're fine. Just give the coolant a quick check to make sure there's plenty in there! It'll tend to do this more if it's on the low side. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds