Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clean diesel filter 1 year 3 months ago #1

• Trucker85
  • Trucker85's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
So I’ve had my car fully serviced and mechanic said the “Clean diesel filter” light won’t clear when he resets it, even though this wasn’t on before service . He said he would need to update the computer he plugs in few days later but it’s still not clearing. He know thinks I might have put contaminated fuel in but the car is running lovely! Any ideas?? Could it be a sensor issue or something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Clean diesel filter 1 year 3 months ago #2

• filiplolic
  • Thank you received: 4
I don't know what engine is in your car, but on my 1.6dci there is a sensor on the diesel fuel filter that detect presence of water in the fuel. So, either you have real problem with the water in the fuel (filter), or more likely you have some problem with the sensor or sensor wiring.
There is a valve on the bottom of the filter that you can open to release the water (if any).

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
2015. Kadjar xmod 4WD 1.6dci130

Clean diesel filter 11 months 3 weeks ago #3

• yos1111
  • Thank you received: 1
hello
the problem is in the sensor that come with the filter , i bought new filter and took the older one and replace it with the new filter and the error disapper!!!!
the new filters come with new dummy sensors so the car computer not see it ' so take from the older one and it work fine
joe

Clean diesel filter 10 months 1 week ago #4

• Trucker85
I will try open valve to see if any water is there can this just be undone by hand?? Literally haven't long had turbo changed on it 1.6 4x4, also now coming up is check anti pollution.  The car is running brilliantly nonlose of power etc. I've chucked some redex dpf cleaner in to see if that will clear. Any ideas?? Nightmare this last few weeks .

Clean diesel filter 9 months 1 week ago #5

• Trucker85
Back to garage and their going to change the diesel filter. The anti pollution light hasnt cleared. They think it could be the EGR valve possibly waiting for further diagnostics next week. 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds