Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

kadjar Servicing 10 months 3 days ago #1

• Fenlli
  • Fenlli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi all;  In a few months time I'll be coming up for my third annual service (70 reg petrol).  I am doing only 8-9000 miles per year.  The third service ("A" service) doesn't include an oil change which I'm uncomfortable about.  However, if I opted for a "B" service with oil change, I suspect that Renault would void my 5 year warranty because I haven't followed their recommended schedule - even if the only difference I can see is that the A includes cabin filter instead of oil change.  That leaves me with the option of taking an "A" service for the tick in the book and then going somewhere else for an oil change.
I wondered if anyone else has pondered this? Easier when we get to 4 years old at a main dealer when different servicing regimes are offered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

kadjar Servicing 10 months 3 days ago #2

• CHAZA123
  • Thank you received: 4
Afternoon 
I think you are worrying too much 
I can’t see how they can void a warranty when you’ve done more ( in terms of maintenance) than required ie extra oil/filter change.
Why not try contacting the service manager and asking them to confirm in writing you won’t loose your warranty 

kadjar Servicing 8 months 3 days ago #3

• Fenlli
  • Fenlli's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Update on servicing of kadjar coming up to 3 years;  all very confusing for a simple soul like me...

Firstly - my local Renault dealer was explicit - I must have an A service next or my warranty (2 more years) is in question.  So if I have a B service which is far more comprehensive because I want the oil change (don't like waiting 2 years), and add a cabin filter (the only A element of note) - warranty scuppered !

So - I asked about having the A service and an oil change. No go - they offered an A and B service instead - so I would pay an extra £240 (the B element) for the benefit of the oil change!

I looked at another dealer's site (Stoneacre) where they have a full service which covers A and B elements as far as i can see.  Seemed a logical alternative - but no, their website explicitly warns that having a full service instead of the scheduled A or B could invalidate warranty - even if full is far more than A.

Basic observation here is that Renault want to bully/scare people into sticking to an expensive A and B schedule until the warranty pretty much expires, at which time their cheaper alternatives for the same work come into play.

Am I being too cynical and suspicious here folks?  For myself, I will stick to the A service with reluctance and do a basic oil pump out (no filter change) myself.  Won't get it all out but good enough for peace of mind.

Oh - and after 3 years a brake fluid change is also due. My local Renault dealer wanted £149 for the brake fluid change on top of the A service cost - said it took a lot of time and again warned me about warranty implications. £149? Really??   I shall go to National Tyres for that at cost of £49.

Enough chuntering for now!  Maybe I am an outlier here or maybe others share my general frustration and confusion....

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds