Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Air conditioning 10 months 2 weeks ago #1

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey everyone! I'm experiencing an issue with my Renault Kadjar's air-conditioning and was hoping to get some advice here. Lately, I've noticed that warm air is being blown out of the vents instead of cool air. To rule out any potential refrigerant issues, I went to Halfords to get the gas checked, and they confirmed that it's perfectly fine. So, I'm a bit puzzled as to what could be causing my air conditioning to malfunction. Any insights or suggestions on what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated!

The car is a 16 plate, 1.5 diesel for reference. I'm on 100k miles. 

I just want to prepare myself for when it goes in to diagnostics in 3 weeks time! 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air conditioning 10 months 5 days ago #2

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all, 

Me again! Just wanted to update for those of you who may come across this in the future. 

Turns out it was a perished o-ring just before the compressor. 

​​​​​​It cost a bit because the garage needed to take the front end off of the car to access the part. 

All in all, new O-ring, labour and a regas £281. 

A lot I know, but worth it in this warm weather. 

I've got a 66 plate car so let's just hope nothing else goes wrong with the aircon system. It's starting to show it's age! 

​​​​
​​​

Air conditioning 10 months 3 days ago #3

• xtinawinnie
  • Thank you received: 0
This has been helpful thank you. We had the car regassed twice last year to no avail. Once with a local guy and then again at Kwik Fit... both to no avail. Started it off a tad cooler but soon ended up back to being the same. As it was a due a service this year, we asked our Renault dealership to take a look for us. They put the dye in and found no leaks and I think regassed again. It is still not working as it should be. I find when the air con is on it's making a bit of a hissing sound, as though there could be a possible loose connection somewhere. I will mention your fix to see if this is something they can look at too. Although I won't be happy if they charge us a lot as they didn't fix the issue the last time round. We desperately need to get it working as the heat is too unbearable for our toddler bless her.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds