Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #13

• Stevieboy
  • Thank you received: 9
I wanted to trade mine in against a new Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI in March, but the dealer was extremely reluctant to take the Kadjar (1.6dCi 4x4 Sig Nav) as a trade, saying that 2nd hand buyers would want to buy a car less than a year old from a Renault dealer. The car is much better inside than a Kadjar and drove beautifully. Skoda's hesitation and then delays in production and delivery put me off, so when I took the wife's i20 in to Hyundai for a service, I found a 9 month old, 2000 miles, Tucson Sport Edition with full leather, heated seats all round, reversing camera and 175 bhp 1.6 turbo petrol engine. After a test drive I found it to be more comfortable, better ride, smoother and much quieter than the Kadjar. They also offered me £500 more than Skoda had offered 6 months earlier, even though the tyres were in need of replacing after 22000 miles. After 3 weeks I love it, and getting a respectable 37 mpg. It also came with a full size 19" spare wheel, loads of extra storage under the boot floor and Map Care, which gives free map updates at every service. It's the Tucson for me every time over the Kadjar. I almost bought one just before I got the Renault, but unfortunately the one I test drove was the lower powered 1.7 diesel which was too sluggish for me.
1.6dCi 4WD in Flame Red, now replaced by Hyundai Tucson 1.6T-GDi Sport Edition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 5 months ago #14

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Haven't had a good look at the Kuga yet but I am taken by the latest VX Grandland X, basically a Peugeot 3008 with a VX frock on if I read it correctly. Latest 1.5 diesel with 130bhp and excellant fuel consumption, to the latest more realistic test, seems very attractive. Spec seems excellent too. Will call in next time I'm near the local dealer.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 5 months ago #15

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Just over a week and 500 miles into the Kuga... There are (as always) good points and bad points.

Good points: looks like almost 600 miles range from a tankful (indicated 46.5MPG); lovely engine, loads of welly; Sync 3 voice command is awesome; ride better than the Kadj over "normal" (i.e.cr*p) B roads; brilliant start/stop, it will even stop after you've been standing at lights for a while; hill start assist cuts in everywhere...

Bad points: traffic info doesn't make the satnav replan as well as the Kadj; hill start assist is slow to release; EPB is meant to release a la Kadj, but like HSA can be very slow; not quite as comfy as Kadj;Sync 3 updates /map updates take ages (software 40 min, maps double that) but you can do it whilst driving around with SatNav working; keyless entry/exit requires "manual" locking (touch the pad on the door handle)
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

Last edit: by Guzzilazz.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 5 months ago #16

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Had some spare time this weekend so looked over the Grandland X and the Pug 3008;

So, both seem a class bigger than the Kadjar, the rear space is definitely longer, btu there the similarity ends in spite of being built from the same parts and on the same chassis a la qashqai/kadjar

I can dismiss the VX immediately as anyone who has owned VX's from the late 80's will feel very much at home there, it's like putting on and old Cavalier pair of slippers from 86, so dated.

So the 3008? If Renault are to retain me as a customer they will need to pull the stops out with the revamped car next year. The 3008 just feels newer, bigger and the spec is top notch. Fully opening panoramic glass roof, powered tailgate, electric powered and heated front seats etc,
In spite of my early reservations it goes to the top of my very short short list.

BMW/Merc/Ford still to try and still hoping some late hybrids pop up before I order in 7 months time. Good as the Kadjar is given things are improving at such a pace in terms of facility and economy I see little hope of another car of the same model regardless off brand.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 5 months ago #17

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
That's why the Pug 3008 is at the top of my list at the moment. I spent an hour in the local Peugeot dealer a couple of weeks ago and was well impressed. It is more expensive, but looking at the inside it is well worth the money. My only slight reservation is the small steering wheel and its low position, whereby you look over the wheel at the dials and not through it as with 'normal' cars. I have heard that one gets used to this quite quickly. Plus, in my case, my wife likes it in Copper with the black roof so I doubt whether my opinion will count for much when it is time to change cars.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof
The following user(s) said Thank You: turboted10, MD99

Kadjar alternative 5 years 5 months ago #18

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
The copper colour looks superb in my view. I spent an hour or so same as you, even missed the time set up to view the beemers. Attitude of my local dealers was much improved on the exp I have had with bristol street Renault, unfair I know as have yet to find a dealer I'd go back to with confidence, but back on topic;

They had the 2005.the 3005 and the 5005 all set up alongside each other, brilliant marketing and so easy to compare. Plus, I asked the sales guy to pull a sale car up alongside my car, the Kadjar, in the car park, no issues and very revealing in a positive way.

Last edit: by turboted10.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds