Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I joined this (the old) forum 2 years back after getting my car. As is normal I'm now looking to swap within the next year so have already started a very open scan of the options.

First thing first i do like renaults, which is maybe why I was somewhat disappointed with the Kadjar, ie, not enough renault/too much nissan.

However, the kadjar , if the early issues have been fixed is still a contender. Tried the newest qashqai, even worse in terms of being up to date but good all the same.

Koleos? to high and wide with little gain in load space unless you want a pallet in the back, it does demand presence on the road but it is a big heavy bugger and not for me

I could go back to the Megane super tourer, in top spec they are better kitted than the Kadjar, near the top of my list, Toyota? the new CRX?V or whatever it's called has such a sloping back as to be unusable for me. Rav4?, maybe.

Been to look at VW, Merc, and Mazda. Not looked at Seat yet? or BMW Audi etc. Toyota. Hyundai, Dacia and Kia also not like.

I really wish the new Kadjar when released in 2019 would be a total revamp, but as I'm told it isn't then the gates are open for a change

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #2

• PatWar
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Ted, have you given the Peugeot 3008 a thought. It's on my radar when I come round to changing.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #3

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
3008 is very eye catcinh i like it very mutch but in Greece is expencive. my Kadjar is the Dynamic 
https://www.renault.com.gr/cars/kadjar/specifications-and-equipment.html

like sat nav in Uk, and cost 22.300 euros. the 3008 with the same characteristicks as the kadjar comes in 27.500 euros.

Last edit: by duracel3634.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #4

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26

Hi Ted, have you given the Peugeot 3008 a thought. It's on my radar when I come round to changing.

I have, but just don't like it and had bad experience of Pugs in the past. I'm sure you understand that a bad  experience always "sticks" and can override any front runner. Never owned one but 1 of the company cars in the fleet was a nightmare and given there is so much choice in the medium sized SUV band, well...............................

Posted elsewhere I tried the RAV4 and the Koleos, have also ruled those out too.

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #5

• david.parrott
  • Thank you received: 6
Out of interest what ruled out the Koleos? It's one we have in the running when we look to replace our car.
2015 Flame Red Signature Nav 1.2 TCe

Kadjar alternative 5 years 6 months ago #6

• Guzzilazz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Have you looked at the Ford Kuga? After only 6 weeks, we're having to swap because of the poor towing weight on a Kadj… (wish 'er indoors had said about a caravan BEFORE we changed the car).  Wasn't on my original list (which was much the same as yours) and with the Mk3 coming out soon, there are some very good deals on Mk2's
Larry

Essex

2017 Ford Kuga Titanium 2.0 150bhp 2wd Ruby Red
ex 2017 Kadjar Dynamique S Nav Flame Red

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds