Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Condensation on Inside of Windscreen 5 years 5 months ago #13

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
The biggest advantage of air con is in demisting the car and reducing condensation, ie, it does exactly what you guys have spent money on to achieve.

Controversial view, well no, just read up on the subject, it's a given.

I hate energy robbing air con just to keep the car cool in the few days of our UK summer, but on a steamy Oct morning like today it becomes a safety issue so have no qualms using it. It is the quickest way to clear the screen and reduce condensation build up for next day. (why do you think the AC system has a vent to exit condensed water under the car?

However, I've done this for years regardless of AC or not, this is my way to prevent overnight internal window steaming. Get the heater and vents working to comfort level when going back home.Once the screen/windows clear set the heating to max then for the last few miles turn to cool and open the windows thereby not locking moisture laden air in the car.

Theory is that warm air holds much more moisture than cold air, so once the damp is lifted by heating the air, get shut of the lot through the windows before locking up thereby not locking warm moisture laden air in the car It works, try it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Condensation on Inside of Windscreen 5 years 5 months ago #14

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
You should come for a ride in my car, before I've placed the dehumidifier inside. Turning the air-con on demisting in the morning was only making the things worse. When you have that much moist in the car, nothing works. It's not that we're not driving cars with air cons for few decades... We're not that green, you know ;)
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Condensation on Inside of Windscreen 5 years 5 months ago #15

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Don't get the green reference but for me my method works. Maybe you have water in the car for different reasons?. Yours wouldn't be the first kadjar/car to have water leaks and under those circumstances nothing works, do suggest though that you read up on what air con systems in cars actually do.

I think you have an issue with bulkhead or footwell water leaks, I get very little mist in my car anf the AC shifts it in under a minute. Car full off wet anglers and gear, well, nothing works.

Condensation on Inside of Windscreen 5 years 5 months ago #16

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I actually did have water ingress from a displaced sealing on the boot door, and it was when I went for the dehumidifier. Now the water is gone, but I still like to have the Pingi in my car. It does great job anyway. I'm not saying your method is not working. The physics are correct (I'm mechanical engineer by the way :) ), but it's easier to leave all to the cat toilet (what the pingi is stuffed with), especially to a very humid air as in the Alps.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Condensation on Inside of Windscreen 5 years 5 months ago #17

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76

I actually did have water ingress from a displaced sealing on the boot door, and it was when I went for the dehumidifier. Now the water is gone, but I still like to have the Pingi in my car. It does great job anyway. I'm not saying your method is not working. The physics are correct (I'm mechanical engineer by the way :) ), but it's easier to leave all to the cat toilet (what the pingi is stuffed with), especially to a very humid air as in the Alps.

Actually there's a known issue with the water drainage which is the two holes at the base of the windscreen arms - it gets stuffed with leafs and dust, and the water has no where to go but inside the car, in my case in the drivers footwell (UK versions that is passenger side of course). So aside from the boot door issue you may also check the drainage holes, especially during rainy seasons (or anytime of the year if on the island :) )
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Condensation on Inside of Windscreen 5 years 5 months ago #18

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'm aware of the front drainage problem from other Renaults and that's why I always keep'em clean :) 

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds