• Page:

TOPIC:

Can anyone explain why the forum seems stagnated???? 5 years 6 months ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I'm sorry guys but just has to post this.

The original forum was the only one, the first one and the best and friendliest. However, since the "transfer" to it's new being there is now little interest, little interconnect between potential owners and bugger all else.

How do we get what should be a great site back on stream?, the cars got better. Even I, who got a less than perfect 2016 car, is still looking at another, ie I'm in the running to buy another as it does still compare favourably.

Why no recent interest, there are still several/many original members active here and eager to forward advice ??????. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can anyone explain why the forum seems stagnated???? 5 years 6 months ago #2

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
turboted,

i really don't understand you, or what you want. the old site was anything but friendly, it did have a few click's and they were quite happy belittling new members or taking over topics. Kug and myself kept the old forum going, keeping the membership from having a go at each other, by PM's to the individuals concerned but even he got fed up and left and so did i at some points.. The only reason the site is still going is that with little traffic through it the site will remain stable, but there is still no sign of the old administrator so it hasn't been updated or made secure and I know it will close down when the fees are due. some of the information posted was so far off topic it kept us busy deleting it.

You are fully aware of why we moved and this has been very successful, Duracell has done a brilliant job here, we have a good membership base to  work from and some ideas in the pipeline to keep things fresh. the chat function can be used for just the things your talking about, banter between members i use it regularly. 

I hope we can keep the forum as it is now, fresh, modern  and useful, we are even moving up in the google listings as we are more people will be joining, more people more chat.

having been online only a few months not years like the old site Admin has tried to make the site as easy to use but it is members that make it what it will be.

so turboted its members like you long term owners that have the knowledge people need to make this site useful. Keep it up. 
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634, AOne

Can anyone explain why the forum seems stagnated???? 5 years 6 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I'm with you in relation to the car, I have the 2016 model but on the whole I still like it and would get another. My mileage is still very low for a car that is just over 2 years old so we will see what changes, if anything.

As for site content, I think Shedder has said all that needs to be said on the subject, the site is what you guys make it, we only provide the platform. If you need additional facilities you only need to ask, with your reasoning, and you may get it if there is a demand. I put this out there, I think in the last week, for ideas for expansion, we do listen to requests if they are made, so make them!

Also you need to bear in mind this site has only been open for 4 months so is yet to become fully established.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Can anyone explain why the forum seems stagnated???? 5 years 6 months ago #4

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I hope I didn't come over  negatively, certainly wasn't meant that way and yes there was a bit of friendly banter on there but I saw it as just that, friendly.  However you can't answer questions or offer advice if they aren't asked for, that's my point. 

There is no criticism of you two, far from it, you're the only reason it exists.The only problem being a lack of interest from potential buyers/owners. Is it because the cars now a few years in and it's no longer the "avant garde" vehicle it was?
Do the dealers now no more about it than when it came into production because any early member or the forum will remember that's why there where so many "how do I do this/how should so and so work questions".

Given the car is now gaining popularity I would have expected more queries from future owners rather than less.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duracel3634

Can anyone explain why the forum seems stagnated???? 5 years 6 months ago #5

• Shedder101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • be at piece with your god
  • Thank you received: 76
i haven't noticed any real change from the old site, most of the quires are for the r-link. As we moved the main body of the old site over as well as some of the more useful answers visitors are getting the information they need. 

It is pointless to ask the same question over and over and until we get new questions we have to wait. 

I do get mail from the site on the download section it has been avg 20 downloads a week and looking at the view count on the topics, shows people are getting the info they want. 

you and the others should be proud of the information you laid down on the old site, the number of years it has taken to amass should not be forgotten

we have over 550 members and one day i was on there were over 1000 guests just give it time .
Dynamique Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto A nice Blue one
The following user(s) said Thank You: turboted10

Can anyone explain why the forum seems stagnated???? 5 years 6 months ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I really hope that's the case regarding membership.

Regarding RLink, and I now engage cynical mode; do you mean the many and varied system faults that everytime reported to a dealer meet with the standard "Hmmm, we haven't heard of that before". If, and I hope they have, Renault have all these issues fixed, it wouldn't have hurt to ensure all cars worked correctly at service.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds