Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Good and Bad 5 years 3 months ago #1

• Rogue Storm
  • Rogue Storm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, I've had my Dynamique S Nav for almost four months now ( < 3K), and I'm still finding my feet with a few items, still love it but then there are the niggles.

It went back to the workshop today to have a new sensor fitted to the alarm system as it was going off at all hours. That's one of the BAD points.

I LOVE the fact that when I switch off the engine, the radio does NOT switch off, for example when I stop for gas, however, I HATE the fact that the radio switches off when I open the driver's door. I've seen in the manual somewhere that the radio should automatically switch off when the doors are locked, which would be great. My disabled wife is often in the car when I get out so leaving the radio on for her would be a bonus. Leaving the keys in the car with her prevents the doors locking but not the radio switching off.

I've already mentioned the auto (hands-free) locking previously and this forum informed me that it is possible to switch this feature off. Unfortunately, turning off the hands-free locking also turns off the buttons on the door handles which I frequently use. No middle ground The sensitivity for the auto-lock is such that if I go around the back of the car to the boot, the auto-lock does not activate, but if I go around the front of the car to get my wife out, keeping as close as possible to the front bumper, the auto-lock activates.

The DAB radio is almost useless, dropping out every ten or fifteen minutes. I appreciate that this is not necessarily a KADJAR issue but I have read reports on this forum, and other places, that there could be a software fix. Any ideas?

I drove a set route the other day, about ten miles, and back, partial dual carriageway. The ECO system was switched on. I made point of changing gear as soon as possible, anticipating roundabouts well in advance and not accelerating too aggressively. I was so pedantic at times I'm sure I was annoying other road users At the end of the journey, the Eco screen showed that I was achieving a 59/100 score. Not much different to my normal everyday driving. What the hell is it looking for in a driver?

The map for the sat nav is probably one of the worst I've seen. Black and white or grey and white? Not very inspiring. Can this be changed?

The signpost recognition system seems to be flakey as I can be driving in an area I know to be 40 m.p.h. and the system refuses to acknowledge this.

On the subject of speed sign recognition, does anyone know if it works in France? It's a French car, right? I'll be going over for a few weeks in June. You may, or may not, know that when entering a town or village on the continent, you do not get a speed warning telling sign you the limit is 50kph. You, as a driver, are supposed to know this as soon as you encounter the name of the town on a signpost. Conversely, when leaving the town or village, the speed limit increases once the exit sign has been encountered. My Garmin sat nav  (used in my campervan)  has speed restrictions programmed in, automatically letting me know when the speed limit changes, and it's damned accurate.

I love the different dashboards, I already have one set up for kilometres so that when I get to France all I'll need to do is change the dash.

On the whole, I still love the car, but those niggles.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Good and Bad 5 years 3 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
What Sat Nav have you got that it is Black and White, mine is in colour, Tomtom based.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogue Storm

Good and Bad 5 years 3 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
If I remember correctly, there were two color schemes - dark and light. The dark is what 99,9% of the people use. The light one looks like e black and white game from the 80s.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Last edit: by AOne.

Good and Bad 5 years 3 months ago #4

• Rogue Storm
  • Rogue Storm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
That's the one. Totally uninspiring.

Good and Bad 5 years 3 months ago #5

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I just use the day or night setting, I don't use auto as I find it switches to night when still quite light. Didn't know there was a light or dark setting but the day screen is just like any other satnav.

Regarding the music, a quick press on the main rlink button puts this on even without having to restart the engine. There are niggles yes, it's taken me well over 2 years to accept/get used to them but this car is proving reliable, a big improvement over it's sister qashqai I had before.

Good and Bad 5 years 3 months ago #6

• squilly
  • Thank you received: 10
Re the Eco screen, I do a 30 mile commute from Haywards Heath into Croydon, including the M23 which is currently limited to 50MPH. I start a new trip each time I fill up with diesel and I have averaged 76/100 over 8 tankfuls. By trying really hard, and probably also annoying other drivers, I have got up to 84/100 for the last two.

2016 1.5 dCi Signature Nav 5d EDC in Flame Red
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7.0.24.161 Boot 5615
First registered 06/2016

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: by duracel3634.
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds