Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Traffic Sign Recognition 5 years 1 month ago #1

• Rogue Storm
  • Rogue Storm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I have asked this question before but I think it was lost in the ramblings of the post and other questions. Note to self: One post, one question.

We're going to France at the end of May for a few weeks and I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience using the 'built-in' traffic sign recognition in the Kadjar's sat nav. Does it recognise that when you get to a sign showing entry to a town and village, (see attachment), the speed limit automatically becomes 50kph, very rarely is there another speed limit sign? When you leave the town or village, there is a corresponding sign with a diagonal line through it showing that you are leaving. The speed limit automatically goes up again to the national limit for the type of road you're on, (unless otherwise indicated).

For info, my Garmin satnav, that I have used for the last five years in Europe,(twenty five countries) has speed restrictions built in and is very accurate. Of course, where the Kadjar's system trumps the Garmin is with temporary speed restrictions. Maybe there's a case for a combination of the two systems.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Traffic Sign Recognition 5 years 1 month ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Yes, it reads the speed limit sign and "end of speed limit" signs.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Traffic Sign Recognition 4 years 5 months ago #3

• rob2005
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How do I turn on this feature?

Traffic Sign Recognition 4 years 5 months ago #4

• Rogue Storm
  • Rogue Storm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Not sure it's an on/off thing. I'm pretty sure that if you have the R-Link it should come with it. The speed limit sign appears in the sat-nav as well as on the dash to the right of the speedo. I could be wrong mind as I've not tried to switch mine off.

Traffic Sign Recognition 4 years 4 months ago #5

• Thefrenchconnection
  • Thank you received: 0
New member (bought the car 5 days ago) so a bit late on this. We live in France and I also wondered this.
So far the system picks up the round limit signs but does NOT recognise the rectangular name signs at the entrance to town speed limits, nor at the exit.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds