Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Air cabin filter 5 years 1 month ago #1

• DaisyMaisy
  • DaisyMaisy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have a 1.2 petrol, can anyone tell me where the air cabin filter is located and whether it is easily accessible/changed?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air cabin filter 5 years 1 month ago #2

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
More to the point, can anyone tell you if it really needs changing other than to tick a box in the service history???? It kind of fails safe in this case as in real life it's primary function to to try to filter out traffic fumes rather than pollen, it really is mis-named. If it starts to get blocked it will pass less air so the air that has been cleaned and is in the car stays there longer???? It's a positive pressure system in theory, ie there should be more air entering the car than can get out so fumes/pollen can't get in only via the filtered air, but with Renaults record for leaky door and window seals etc, I doubt it really is.

On it's sister vehicle the qashqai it's situated under the parcel shelf, passenger side, panel needs popping down, it will be there or the other side on the Kadjar.

Last edit: by turboted10.

Re:Air cabin filter 5 years 1 month ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm changing mine every 6 months and everytime it surprises me how could it gather so much dirt. Don't want to think of how much bacteria grow there ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds