Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Maximum storage area inside Kadjar 4 years 10 months ago #1

• adunn2525
  • adunn2525's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, Bit of a random question but here goes.

I am looking to buy a new garden gate which is made of wood (180 cm tall by 90 cm wide), with the back seats folded down, does anyone know if I will be able to fit this in the car? I have measured and think it will fit, but don't want to buy it and then find it won't go in the car.

Thanks in advance.
Dynamique S Nav 1.5 dCi 110 EDC Auto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Maximum storage area inside Kadjar 4 years 10 months ago #2

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
If you've measured then you should have the answer. However, if you can drive with both seats fully forwards then all will be well. The load has to sit on top of the glovebox as it protrudes further into the rear than the seats when well forwards.
The problem is the tailgate inner protrudes well into the boot space so any measurement has to be taken lid closed.
I've carried much longer than this but with the tailgate latch triggered and the tailgate tied to the boot floor hoop. I keep bike inner tubes at the ready for this along with some soft protection for the bottom of the tailgate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redkadj

Maximum storage area inside Kadjar 4 years 10 months ago #3

• JohnBridge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Whenever I've had doubt I've driven to collect big items with the roof-rack on. If you don't plan keeping the car long and don't have a roof-rack, then that won't be an option, it also depends on whether the allowable-roof-load would be exceeded.
We use the Thule system and have found that you don't have to get a Full Kit for every car. Example: We had a 2015 Zafira Tourer and both that and our 2017 Kadjar need the "Thule Rapid System SKU 753", so I saved ~£100 because I didn't have to buy that bit. The Bar-Length was different however and the Flush-Railing Kits were too. We are also fortunate that our children have Astra Tourers and parts from the Zafira/Kadjar kits also fit their cars. I now keep all Old Thule parts in Really Useful Boxes! The Thule rectangular-bar Numbers changed at some stage, the modern ones have a slight bend in the middle, so they aren't truly straight; as long as you have the length correct both Old & New bars should fit.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds