• Page:

TOPIC:

20k plus pad and disc wear 4 years 9 months ago #1

• turboted10
  • turboted10's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
I was just outside cleaning up the drive and got to thinking about all the recent posts about new discs and pads being needed at low mileage so just had a look around mine as the mileage is about 21k now.

Both front and rear discs are perfect, show little if any rimming and are even across inside and outside. Rear pads seam almost as new, fronts maybe 33% gone. Car is out all weathers, gets used everyday but most importantly I think, the brakes are used sensibly and gently. Can't even record a true emergency stop in near 3 years anyone think the same way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20k plus pad and disc wear 4 years 9 months ago #2

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
It is not normal to have to replace brake discs in just 20k miles (or less). I'm now at 40k km and discs are still like new. Car is not that heavy - even with more aggressive driving the discs should last at least 2-3 pads, probably more.

That put aside, I do have to top up oil level every 7-8k km, which I find to be normal at this point (small engine, turbo, aggressive driver), but wonder if anybody else has this too. 1.2 tce here.

OIL TOPIC CONTINUED https://www.renaultkadjarforum.com/forum/engine-technical-discussions/603-top-up-oil-level.html#4300
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by duracel3634.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds