• Page:

TOPIC:

windscreen washer not working today 4 years 8 months ago #1

• Boyko
  • Boyko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
So no windscreen washer today - either the pump died or the fuse, I checked both fuse boxes and couldn't figure which fuse is for the washers.

The sticker on the back of the cover of the inner fuse box has nothing to do with the positioning of the fuses in the box. I guess the fuse box itself is from Renault while the sticker is from Nissan :cheer: Then the other fusebox in the engine bay has wipers fuse, water pump fuse but no washer pump fuse.

Car is going in with a dealer tomorrow :evil:
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

windscreen washer not working today 4 years 8 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Water pump fuse, is that not the washer pump fuse, did not think we have an electric water pump for the cooling system or am I being a bit thick?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

windscreen washer not working today 4 years 8 months ago #3

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Yep, good point but I did check the water pump fuse and it good :) at least visually it is not blown. Had no time today to dig further so I left it for the guys tomorrow to figure. They'll also be checking about the oil consumption. WIll share outcome.
One of the first Kadjars from Nov. 2015 - 1.2 TCe Manual ZEN - "old" R-Link (gen 1.1, soft 2.2) successfully updated to 3.3 with AA
The following user(s) said Thank You: faircam

windscreen washer not working today 4 years 8 months ago #4

• Boyko
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Follow up - pump is dead, will be replaced under warranty but its not in stock.. eta sometime next week.

As for the water pump fuse - on second thought there should be electric pump for the cooling water because of the start/stop function, water needs to circulate while the engine is stopped.

windscreen washer not working today 4 years 8 months ago #5

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247

Follow up - pump is dead, will be replaced under warranty but its not in stock.. eta sometime next week.

As for the water pump fuse - on second thought there should be electric pump for the cooling water because of the start/stop function, water needs to circulate while the engine is stopped.

That's interesting, I didn't know that.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

windscreen washer not working today 4 years 8 months ago #6

• turboted10
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 26
Quite costly the stop start function, more involved than just heavy duty heavily priced batteries, similar to the ECO function, squeezing the miles out of that last ml of fuel costs.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds