• Page:

TOPIC:

Led headlights condensation 4 years 8 months ago #1

• Roxy1234
  • Roxy1234's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I have noticed it a few times over the 18 months I have owned it.. sometimes when I wash the car I get some condensation inside the headlights.. after it’s goes away but leaves marks on the lens..I gave it a much needed wash today and it was very noticeable... Anyone else had the problem and if so what was the dealers response, I am worried that over time it may effect the performance of the unit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Led headlights condensation 4 years 8 months ago #2

• johnjen
  • Thank you received: 0
Just had a new Kadjar delivered.I have got the same problem (if it is a problem).On delivery condensation inside nearside LED headlight at the top of the unit .Other side was OK.
Soon disapeared but delivery guy said it's common with LED lights.Not sure about this.Will monitor in the coming weeks/months and mention at first service or first return to dealer.

Led headlights condensation 4 years 8 months ago #3

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
It’s more to do with the marks it leaves on the inside of the lenses.. after many years and the resulting marks having an affect on the performance of the lights .. and then the cost would be down to me to replace ..

Led headlights condensation 4 years 8 months ago #4

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
After 3 years ownership we've never had a drop of condensation in our LED headlights, tempting fate here.
On an older, now defunct, Kadjar forum some owners reported having their headlights replaced under warranty due to condensation issues.

Last edit: by Redkadj.

Led headlights condensation 4 years 8 months ago #5

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Been over in France down the med temperature been 39-40 for 5 weeks and everything is fine, but back in not so sunny Wales every time I was the car it’s the same, and starting to leave marks on the lenses.. will contact Renault Uk before I contact the dealer... to see what they say..

Led headlights condensation 4 years 8 months ago #6

• Roxy1234
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Been over in France down the med temperature been 30-40 for 5 weeks and everything is fine, but back in not so sunny Wales every time I was the car it’s the same, and starting to leave marks on the lenses.. will contact Renault Uk before I contact the dealer... to see what they say..

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds