Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Infotainment Screen - Frozen Screen 4 years 7 months ago #1

• Lukiehughes
  • Lukiehughes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
HI all,

Thought I'd post about my problem that has taken over a year and half to try and sort out and it's still going.

I bought my 1.5 DCI S-Nav in August 2017. As I was about to take it off the forecourt I noticed that I couldn't change the radio stations. The screen wasn't responding to my touches.

On closer inspection the whole screen had frozen, the only thing that worked was the physical 'home' button.

Since then it has been into Renault over 10 times to try and get the screen sorted. Each time they say that they have had the car running for the whole day and even taken it out for a drive and the screen never stalls, it works every time for them. Despite them saying this, they decided to change the ECU to a tune of over £1000 pounds (which was covered under warranty).

What I found strange was that they replaced the ECU but didn't replace the touch screen of the unit. Even after the ECU replacement the screen was still stalling! After this Renault did not want to know. Constantly telling me there was nothing wrong with the screen.

I argued how dangerous it was as you couldn't do nothing with the screen, it could freeze for between 3 minutes to 3 hours if I was on a long journey. Trying to change menus with a frozen screen while driving is, as you can image, frustrating and diverts your attention from the road!

In the end after the terrible customer service I received, I decided to complain to the motor ombudsman. IT HAS TAKEN THEM OVER A YEAR AND A HALF TO COME TO A DECISION! Initially, they stuck up for Renault and said that they had done all they could and they could not find a fault. So I decided to film the issue so that they could see first had what was happening. You can see it here -

FINALLY, they have found in my favour and told Renault that they must take the car back in and sort it! Although I'm told the waiting list for a new unit could take months as they are replacing so many!!

I'll keep you updated, its not over yet... BUT I CAN SEE THE LIGHT!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Infotainment Screen - Frozen Screen 4 years 7 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm glad they finally were forced to change the unit. Unfortunately, the waiting time is reaaaaly long, as a lot of users are waiting for replacement. Good luck on the waiting time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Infotainment Screen - Frozen Screen 4 years 7 months ago #3

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
A note to all members, I always take evidence of any issue with vehicles I have, video, pictures etc, anything that demonstrates the issue so there is no debate, this will save a lot of time and hopefully get the issue resolved a lot quicker, be it user error or faulty products.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds