Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Service Required for oil change but why? 4 years 7 months ago #1

• gat
  • gat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

In January 2019 my Kadjar (1.5DCI 2016) had an A + B service at a Renault dealer.

In August (7 months later) my car displayed “Service due 1000 miles” and has been counting down until it now shows “Service Required”. I have only covered 10000 miles since the last service. I expected this only when I have covered 18000 miles.

The Renault dealer tells me that it is not due a service and to bring it in and they will reset it.

I will reset it myself but before doing this I checked the “Service Intervals” display and it shows the following:

Oil change 0 miles/17 months
Service in 7900 miles/5 months

The values make sense except for the 0 miles for oil change, which is what has triggered the “Service Required” message. I presume a reset will reset both miles and months together (18000 miles/24 months). If so then how can the 17 months be correct but the miles be so wrong. Does the Kadjar have some kind of oil quality sensor, which reduces the oil change miles so a service is due sooner than it normal ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gat.

Service Required for oil change but why? 4 years 7 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Not heard of that before, mine just comes up every 12 months, don't do the mileage for that to dictate a service.
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds