Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Android Auto/Apple Carplay ? 4 years 7 months ago #1

• 152bobby
  • 152bobby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I went and test drove a 2016 top of the range Signature Nav S Auto the other day.

Could not fault it, unfortunately what put me off is it had advertised as having Android Auto and Carplay, which I now know they don't have (for that year anyway). Is there a specific year onwards that the Kadjar does have these functions or are Renault just not going to do it ? It obviously had built in sat nav which I was not impressed with at all and I have had my belly full of using a manufacturers built in sat nav to just constantly paying for updates, which are out of date 5 minutes later !!! I rely heavily on Google Maps now.

The 19" alloys are very nice, however would be very easy to get damaged. If I ever do buy a Kadjar, I'm going to ask the dealer to swap them for the 17" alloys from a lower spec Kadjar, of which I think he would be happy to do.

Cheers

Bobby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Android Auto/Apple Carplay ? 4 years 7 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
You could read the threads in the forum for installing unofficial firmware update for using Android Auto (and Car Play if you buy a new USB module) and for updating maps with your own "cooked" ones. But... as I have AA by default and use Google Maps, Waze and so on (and use SAT NAVS since their early days), the built in SatNav (which is actually iGO) is light years ahead from all the other BS, as long as you have TomTom Traffic active. Actually, I'm using built in SatNav for guidance (with maps made by me) and Waze is working in the background to notify me about hazards and police reported in front.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds