Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Service Schedule 4 years 5 months ago #1

• jayrgee
  • jayrgee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Took my 12 month old petrol 1.3 Kadjar in for its first service. Not impressed with the local dealer, mainly due to the guy at the service reception being more interested in talking at me rather than listening to the questions/niggles I had.

I was little confused with the service schedule and would appreciate any input from forum members on their experience. The car has done 12.5k miles but I’m the second owner having had it 4 months and only done 2.3k of these. On this basis I’ve had an “A” service and assuming a likely mileage of c7k in the next 12 months will hit 18k around July when it appears a “B” service including oil change is due.

It then seems another “A” service will be due late September 2020 (12 months after the one I’ve just had but only 2 months after the “B”). Is this correct or can I wait 12 months for the “A”. If not, in view of the close proximity would the dealer offer a combined “A” and “B”. If so, what would come next and when to maintain the warranty?

I paid £149 for the “A” service. Is this the going rate and what are others being quoted for the “B” and has anyone had an “A plus B” and at what cost?

I’m tempted to take out a loyalty pack that starts at £229 direct from Renault for an “A” and “B” but get the feeling the dealer will then come up with additional costs that are so say not included based on my recent experience. See the comments for the Premium Loyalty pack at https://www.renault.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/maintenance/loyalty-packs.html

Would really appreciate any input. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Service Schedule 4 years 5 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Change your oil at maximum 20K km or 1 year. Don't follow scheduled so strictly, trying to save some pennies. Anyway the oil change intervals are so much extra extended. The oil is aging and loosing it's properties long before it's time to replace it and this is killing the engine. I change oil approximately twice a year, though making mainly highway journeys (with all the filters except fuel filters - every second oil change).

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayrgee

Service Schedule 4 years 5 months ago #3

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 22
i change oil every year no matter the km i done in all my cars. i usually do 5-7 000 km a year.
i have the kadjar from march 2018. in march 2019 i change oil and i ahave done 5300 km. now i have 10.000 km and in march 2020 i will change oil again (probably i wil have 11-12000 km)
i have the 1.2 petrol 130 ps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jayrgee

Last edit: by gsa1967.

Service Schedule 4 years 5 months ago #4

• jayrgee
  • jayrgee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Aone / gsa1967
Appreciate your input, are you doing the oil changes as part of a service or independently. It would seem to make more sense for me to just have an oil change with my local independent garage and then have the B service done 12 months after the A but not sure if this would meet the criteria for warranty?

Service Schedule 4 years 5 months ago #5

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I do it at my local dealer. They always tell me it's too early, but I insist on the change, so it's done. We do no have service A and B plans. There is a list of thing to be changed in the car according to years or mileage. According to it, the oil and filters are supposed to be changed every year or 36000 km, whichever comes first.
Well, I know I'm not gonna keep this car forever, but it's a torture to the engine for me to change the oil so rarely, no matter how improved it is. My previous car was running with the same oil (Renault of course) and I noticed that at 5000 km there was always a sudden drop of 3-4 mm measured at the dipstick (1 zero at the dashboard). Have lots of car mechanics as my friends and all of them explained, that the oil is ageing and that's the reason. After this point (5K km/6 months) the oil starts to progressively loose it's less-viscous ingredients and does not work at it's top performance and this process continues exponentially. All of them are really surprised, Renault has such long service plans and advise me not to consider them.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds