Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Leak in boot 4 years 5 months ago #1

• Lindser
  • Lindser's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
A couple of times now, I’ve found items in my boot to be wet after heavy rain. Can’t see where it might be coming from but boot floor is damp (as in the uppermost) floor. Haven’t really investigated below that- would it be likely to be coming from underneath? It’s very bizarre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Leak in boot 4 years 5 months ago #2

• Fraserl
  • Thank you received: 12
Few places to check. Boot seal, rear light seals. Rear door drains. If a sunroof fitted, check the drains not blocked. Seal around rear wiper. Leaking water pipe to rear washer jet.

Not sure if the Kadjar has vents in the sides of the boot area, some cars do, they can stick open allowing ingress too.
Regards

Fraser

Kadjar Dynamique S Nav 1.6 Dci with lighting pack

Leak in boot 4 years 5 months ago #3

• Neiloky1
  • Thank you received: 6
I had water coming in through the seal around the boot close handle on the drivers side Renault said it was not under warranty so I silicone sealed it had no problems since..

Leak in boot 4 years 5 months ago #4

• andym
  • Thank you received: 5
depending on the year , the early vehicles had a problem with the panel seal between the rear boot door jamb and the main body up by the hinge , renault are aware of this problem and a dealer will fix it under warranty, a simple fix

Leak in boot 4 years 5 months ago #5

• rasmus_dk
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi
I have also experienced water in the boot recently - not much but enough to be irritating. My garage didn't know about at general problem, but they will now take a look at it and hopefully fix it in the beginning of december.
My car is from late 2016 - does anyone know if that is classified as one of "the early vehicles"?
The water is dripping in in the left side of the boot (above the lights, just under the button you use to lay down the back seats - see attached pictures).
Could it be the same problem you have experienced - and does someone know the exact reason? - it would be nice to be able to guide the garage in the right direcetion to keep the costs down .... :-)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: erkancoban44

Leak in boot 4 years 5 months ago #6

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
I'm writing this for third or fourth time in this forum, bur nevermind :D
I also had water ingress from the same spots as the picture and the spare wheel compartment was a pool. It appeared to be from the sealing of the wiring loom from body to the door, just next to the hinges. Just pushed it in place and was good afterwards.
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds