Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel Consumption 4 years 3 months ago #1

• Danielinda
  • Danielinda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi everyone. I've learned so much on this forum that I decided to add a bit of my own experience with my Kadjar 1.2TCE Auto.
I've just done two separate long distance trips. First, was from Johannesburg (South Africa) with a elevation of 1645m down to the coast with a full load plus a Thule roof box. The original roof bars have a lot of wind noise without the roof box, but with the box on it is way better and much quieter. Cruise control was set to 124km/h and I averaged 8L/100km. Driving back home (uphill) with cruise control once again set to 124km/h I averaged 8.6l/100km.
Second trip was without a roof box, but still fully loaded, to the Kruger National Park with a elevation of 455m. Going there the cruise control was set at 130km/h and I averaged 7.6L/100km. Driving back home the Cruise control was at 134km/h and it averaged 8.3L/100km.
So I am not a fuel efficient driver at all, but I am very pleased with how the Kadjar performed. it doesn't slow down on the long uphills and just continues pulling all the way.
The drive is very comfortable and impressed on the corrugated dirt roads of the park. I did strip the whole dash to get rid of all the annoying rattles and squeaks before I left, and none of them have returned yet. (Thanks for that Boyko!)
So a big thank you to creators and everyone's input on this forum. A lot of people have gone through a lot of trial and error and fault finding to make it easier for other users like me.
Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: AOne, gsa1967

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds