Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help Advice New 2019 Kajar questions 4 years 3 months ago #1

• davidmcevoy@outlook.com
  • davidmcevoy@outlook.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone first post here. Just bought a nearly new 2019 Kadjar 1.3 GT line and after a couple of days of driving I tried to use my horn and it is not working at all, I was wondering if there is something simple like a fuse or really that might come loose that I could check. I am waiting to hear back from the garage about getting it looked into as its still under warranty, but unfortunately I need my car next week as my wife goes into hospital so it wont be until the middle of the week until I can get the car there, so I have to shout out of the window just now!!! :-)

Also from reading these forums I have managed to get into Developer Mode on the Rlink just for a nose, and I noticed under car settings it says engine type is Nissan! Is this just a default setting in Developer Mode or does it indicate the system hasn't been setup properly and I need the garage to look at that as well? I know the Renault and Nissan share components so wasn't surprised to see Nissan here, I just thought it would have said Renault under Engine Type.

Thanks
David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help Advice New 2019 Kajar questions 4 years 3 months ago #2

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
the 1.3 engine has developt with nissan renault and mercedes. in A ,B class glb the 1.3 moter is the same one but has 163 hp. in renault and nissan has 140 and 163 hp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidmcevoy@outlook.com

Help Advice New 2019 Kajar questions 4 years 3 months ago #3

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
As above, it is a Nissan engine.

Don’t be changing any settings yourself unless you are fully confident, one wrong move and it disappears!
I wouldn’t be telling the dealer either, they’ll possibly void the warranty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davidmcevoy@outlook.com

Help Advice New 2019 Kajar questions 4 years 3 months ago #4

• davidmcevoy@outlook.com
  • davidmcevoy@outlook.com's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
OK thanks that makes sense now then.

I have not made changes just nosed around the system then came out.

Help Advice New 2019 Kajar questions 4 years 3 months ago #5

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I may be wrong but from what I have read the 1.3 Kadjar engine is neither Renault or Nissan design and is designed by Daimler and manufactured by Mercedes,
in fact the same engine is fitted in the Mercedes 1.3 A Class

I often wonder what car it is, Assembled in Spain, French design, German engine, some parts Nissan UK, headlights Romanian

However touch wood no complaints so far since new last June :)
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

Help Advice New 2019 Kajar questions 4 years 3 months ago #6

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23

I may be wrong but from what I have read the 1.3 Kadjar engine is neither Renault or Nissan design and is designed by Daimler and manufactured by Mercedes,
in fact the same engine is fitted in the Mercedes 1.3 A Class

I often wonder what car it is, Assembled in Spain, French design, German engine, some parts Nissan UK, headlights Romanian

However touch wood no complaints so far since new last June :)

no thw engine is desgn by renault and nissan and mercedes
"This is a key event in early 2018 for the Renault range. The launch of the new 4-cylinder petrol engine, the 1.3 TCe, is the result of a successful collaborative effort between Daimler and the Alliance. Making its first appearance on Scénic and Grand Scénic with a manual or dual-clutch automatic (EDC) gearbox, the 1.3 TCe meets the highest standards of both partners on quality, reliability and durability. The result of four years of studies, the new-generation powerplant required over 40,000 hours on the engine test bench and in simulations and underwent 300,000 km of validation testing in extreme conditions (extreme heat, extreme cold, drought and high humidity)."

https://group.renault.com/en/news-on-air/news/1-3-tce-a-new-petrol-engine-co-developed-as-part-of-the-collaboration-between-the-alliance-and-daimler/
https://www.motor1.com/news/223884/renault-nissan-new-gasoline-engine/
The following user(s) said Thank You: tynesider

Last edit: by gsa1967.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds