Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Kadjar owner - I think my battery or charger may be faulty? 4 years 3 months ago #1

• jmorgan
  • jmorgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I recently bought a used 66 plate Kadjar 1.2 TCE. In the 3 weeks that I've had it, the stop start has not worked properly. I wasn't too concerned as I know how tempermental they can be, and need everything thing to be a certain place before they work and it was pretty cold weather etc. However, one night it did suddenly work but, after sitting chatting to a friend for about 10 mins before she got out of the car, the engine started itself. Again, not concerned, thought it might be cold outside and heaters and radio were on.
About a week later, my partner and I were in the car tuning the radio. We had been there about 20 minutes when a warning light came on saying battery low, turn on car engine. I immediately went to my local Kwik Fit and had a battery test. They said it needed recharging but the battery was ok. I explained that I had been on an hours drive up the motorway the week before and he said that should have been enough to charge it and to keep an eye on it. The print out he gave me said voltage 12.26, measured 577, rating 720 and the health bar at about a quarter.
Yesterday, a week later, I again took an hours motorway journey and when I got to my destination the stop start worked! To be sure it had charged I again took it to a Kwik Fit. They again said it was showing it needed a recharge but most stop start batteries said that. The reading he gave me was voltage 12.20, measured 729 and rating 720 with the health bar in the same place. The stop start did not work on this journey, however, it was only about 10 mins each way.
Today, I was driving home on the motorway, the auto lights were on, windscreen wipers intermittent and the radio was on, heaters were off. About 45 mins into my journey, my dashboard lights suddenly went off, although the display still showed my speed, petrol, eco etc and the radio stayed on. They were off for about 5 minutes then suddenly came back on again.
This is driving me nuts. What can be causing it? Any Ideas or advice? The car is still under warranty so I know I can take it back, but I want to know if this is normal, something simple to deal with etc before I have to go in with guns blazing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jmorgan.

New Kadjar owner - I think my battery or charger may be faulty? 4 years 3 months ago #2

• gsa1967
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 23
check the alternator if charges the battery suitable. if it is ok then change battery. how many years is the battery?

New Kadjar owner - I think my battery or charger may be faulty? 4 years 1 month ago #3

• jmorgan
  • jmorgan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for replying and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I ended up taking it back to the car dealers and they put a new battery on for me. It's worked great ever since!

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds