Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Parking Sensors/Camera Worth It? 4 years 2 months ago #1

• DennyDifferent
  • DennyDifferent's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Last week I bought a 66 plate (UK) 1.2 Kadjar and have been really happy with it. The only thing I'm disappointed with is that it didn't come with parking sensors. Admittedly, it's something I can live without (I've never had them on a previous car) but I've been tempted to look into how much it would cost to get them fitted. I'd want it to integrate with R-Link so I'm assuming I'd have to get a dealer involved to get official parts? I'd probably want them to fit them too, to be honest.

It obviously has some kind of camera system as it appears to read speed signs from the front and the lane checking thing works on motorways, which I presume is camera-driven too.

Are they worth it? Is it worth paying extra for the camera, rather than sensors? Any ideas on price?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Parking Sensors/Camera Worth It? 4 years 2 months ago #2

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
If you install a reverse camera, you wouldn't need sensors. I've also retrofitted rear cam and it's my best investment in the car so far, though it was quite expensive at the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Parking Sensors/Camera Worth It? 4 years 2 months ago #3

• tynesider
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Looked at both options camera or just reversing sensors last year, for a Renault dealer to fit a reversing camera linked to the R-Link was ridiculous not to mention I spoke to someone
who had it done and he maybe just co- incidence has had problems with the R-LINK since.

Also I did not fancy a DIY job as found out the back bumper has to come off So got a local auto electrical garage to fit normal reversing sensors (4 )last October at £160 complete and very happy with them
2019 Silver 1.3 TCe Dynamic turbo petrol, manual,

Last edit: by tynesider.

Parking Sensors/Camera Worth It? 4 years 2 months ago #4

• darenh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Reverse camera is a fairly straight forward job to install, the parts can be obtained relatively cheap, about £30-£50 depending what you already have.
U.K. models have the cabling ready installed into the tailgate and the camera fits next to the numberplate lights in the OE position, it’s programmable to work through the the Rlink2, and has no detrimental effect on the rlink or the operation. Bumper does not need to be removed.
Reverse sensors can’t be added to the Rlink2 these must be fitted at the factory. We can add aftermarket reverse sensors pretty easily also. It may be needed to remove the bumper to fit these, but it’s only a few screws and clips.

Parking Sensors/Camera Worth It? 4 years 2 months ago #5

• DennyDifferent
  • DennyDifferent's Avatar Topic Author

Reverse camera is a fairly straight forward job to install, the parts can be obtained relatively cheap, about £30-£50 depending what you already have.
U.K. models have the cabling ready installed into the tailgate and the camera fits next to the numberplate lights in the OE position, it’s programmable to work through the the Rlink2, and has no detrimental effect on the rlink or the operation. Bumper does not need to be removed.
Reverse sensors can’t be added to the Rlink2 these must be fitted at the factory. We can add aftermarket reverse sensors pretty easily also. It may be needed to remove the bumper to fit these, but it’s only a few screws and clips.

Oh, really? So if I could do it myself that'd be the total cost?... Is it as easy thing to do? Does R-Link 2 just recognise the camera when it's installed? Maybe, I'll look into it... I just worry about messing something up on my new car :D

Parking Sensors/Camera Worth It? 4 years 4 weeks ago #6

• Pip
Hi there, Where in the tailgate will the cabling be?

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds