Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kadjar suddenly brakes by its self 4 years 2 months ago #1

• Norkie
  • Norkie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
I have a 1.5 diesel automatic Kadjar only had it for a few months now, anyway today driving on the motorway the car suddenly felt like it was doing an emergency brake by its self. The dashboard flashed red for a moment but didn't stay on long enough to see any errors. Gladly I was only doing 50 and this only lasted for a few seconds. As anyone had this problem or heard of it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kadjar suddenly brakes by its self 3 years 8 months ago #2

• JaiKH
  • Thank you received: 0
A 6 month delay since you posted this issue, but this happened to me yesterday. I have been searching for an answer online since and your message is the closest to what happened to me.

I am driving a Kadjar 1.4 petrol model which is only 6 weeks old.

Like you I was driving, going at around 30mph and luckily there were no cars around me.

Suddenly the Kadjar braked heavily, like an emergency stop, and the steering became heavy. I managed to steer into the side of the road and come to a stop. As I was looking for other vehicles around me to be able to pull over, I did not get a chance to look at the dashboard for any icons, but can say that the car did sound a continuous "Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!" alarm as it happened.

I restarted the car and noted that there were no issues flagged up on the dashboard. Everything looked normal. So I drove off and have experienced nothing further.

I considered that it may have been the Assisted Emergency Brakes but as there was nobody around me and the steering became heavy, I am now thinking that it may have been a loss of the power steering. I doubt that the AEB would cause a loss of steering (and there were no cars or obstacles around me), while I cannot find any mention that the car would do an emergency stop if the power steering failed, but I suppose that would make sense.

Of course I am now worried about driving in case this happens again, especially as I do motorway driving every day.

I have contacted Renault who have logged the incident and are going to call me back in 48 hours to see how I have got on.

Kadjar suddenly brakes by its self 3 years 8 months ago #3

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
For both... EABS activated (radar assisted). Why and when this happens, read in manuals. There must be something that radar detected and recognised as an stopped vehicle, bike, pedestrian... obstacle on the road and you have no attend to stop.
It happened to me also, when I while observing movement of tram from left side overlooked a vehicle in front stopped suddenly before pedestrian crossing...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds