Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Judder 4 years 2 months ago #7

• OldAndLame
  • Thank you received: 1
I have had the same issue over the last year... funnily enough since the recall reprogram. Not a massive issue, as said above it seems to be when under load in 2nd gear. I don't have the issue in reverse... car going back to RCi next month so not worried. New GT Line coming with the petrol auto which should be a bit smoother.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigLes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Judder 4 years 1 month ago #8

• OldAndLame
  • Thank you received: 1
Also... has anyone driven one of the new 7 speed EDC boxes? I've got one coming next month and wonder if this issue has been resolved due to the extra gear?

Judder 4 years 1 month ago #9

• Redkadj
  • Thank you received: 10
Old & Lame, Our Kadjar has a 7 speed EDC box, but it's a 1.2 Petrol. Not experienced any Judder but it took a little while to use the box smoothly via controlled use of the throttle.

May not be appropriate to Diesel but thought you may want to know.

Judder 4 years 1 month ago #10

• yrag
  • Thank you received: 2
Update on my 2016 Kadjar 1.5dci with the reverse lurch/judder, the car was returned to Renault to be looked at, I also contacted Renault UK and they were following the case via customer services. Short answer is that the problem has been fixed, the car is once again smooth and controllable. I was told that the mechanic deleted the engine and gearbox software, installed the latest version and "retaught" the gearbox. When I asked what that meant I was told "going through the gears and checking that they know when to change at the right time". Whatever they did, it appears to have worked. Interestingly, the mechanic told me that the "auto" Kadjar has a dry clutch and a mechanical gearbox that are electonically controlled......so it's all down to the software as to how it works.

Last edit: by yrag.

Judder 4 years 1 month ago #11

• BigLes
  • BigLes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
I gave up on my car and returned it to the garage I bought it from. I had other issues too - heater box not working (which was fixed under warranty, but was in the garage for 3 days!), a faulty temperature gauge and the gearbox/clutch problem that Renault UK and my local Renault dealer were in denial there was a problem. I'm collecting my Peugeot 3008 tomorrow, which has the Japanese built Aisin 6 speed gearbox which seems to be problem free.

Judder 4 years 1 month ago #12

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
I've just bought my second Kadjar which has the 1.3 petrol engine and 7 speed auto gearbox.
Very early but the take off from rest and brakes both seem much smoother. Well see how it goes.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds