Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC:

Judder 4 years 2 months ago #1

• BigLes
  • BigLes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
I recently purchased a 2016 Kadjar 1.5dci with EDC auto gearbox. I have noticed a judder when rolling at about 7mph and then accelerating, and also when reversing up our slightly sloping drive. Having looked around on the internet there seems to be reports of this on the Renault Captur forum. I gather it's a problem when using 2nd gear or reverse as they use the same clutch? Which would lead to to think its a dual clutch issue.

Has anyone else out there with the EDC auto 'box had similar problems? And did you get it resolved with your Renault Dealer? My dealer has updated the software on the gearbox but it has made no difference.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Judder 4 years 2 months ago #2

• jokso
Me to...same engine and gearbox, it happens when going slowly uphill in second gear, I thought that is clutch wearing out.
Its like small window to fast for first gear but not enough torque in second

Sent from my phone

Re:Judder 4 years 2 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
It's an issue reported many times all over the net. No solution yet, as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Re:Judder 4 years 2 months ago #4

• BigLes
It does seem to be a widely known problem. See the Captur forum - https://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/threads/register-your-clutch-judder-here.3626/

Have you ever reported it to your Renault dealer, or had it looked at?

Judder 4 years 2 months ago #5

• yrag
  • Thank you received: 2
My 2016 Kadjar 1.5dci with EDC auto gearbox went in for a service and the "injection recall." When I got the car back I noticed how rough the engine was running and in the morning when I put the car in reverse it would suddenly engage and lurch backwards and stall. where previously the engine was super smooth I now had something that felt like an old diesel and was positively dangerous when trying to reverse. The car went back to the garage and in the tech report it said "gearbox after reprogram not completed, reprog gearbox in connection with the injection re-call, customer advised to monitor, allow 200 miles for computer to reset".
Now I may not be an expert in computers or cars but 200 miles to reset?? Anyway I gave it 200 miles and in the morning the reverse gear would still grab, lurch and stall in reverse (all without me touching the accelerator), if I used the accelerator the engine just grabbed and flew backwards. Being parked in a line of cars and trying to reverse before turning out is impossible. On the positive side the engine roughness does seem to have gone and reverse when the engine is warm is not a problem. Needless to say the car is booked to go back in (all under warranty) and we shall see what happens?

Judder 4 years 2 months ago #6

• BigLes
I've now spoken directly with Renault UK who tell me they are going to work with my local dealer to get this sorted out. I even have a case number! We'll see how things develop.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds