Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2019-06 Map Update Failure 4 years 1 month ago #1

• Pentris
  • Pentris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Back in January I tried to install the 2019-06 map update but it failed. Log file said that the licence was missing from the files. Started again from scratch and downloaded again onto PC and then USB stick. Tried to install this week and this time it stuck on determining the checksum for over half an hour. Tried to abort but it would not respond and abort the install. Had to switch off the screen and switch off the engine to stop the process. Log file said that perhaps the head display was used during the process. Have no idea how to prevent the head display from working for other things such as sensor detection, reversing camera etc. The whole process of doing updates is really slow and problematic for this car. Has anyone else had problems with carrying out this map file update?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019-06 Map Update Failure 4 years 1 month ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I personally have, to date, never had a problem updating. The update usually takes around 35 mins and I would normally go for a drive whilst doing the update.
I don't touch anything on the consul whilst the update is in progress.

Ensure that the USB stick is not corrupt and its spec is correct 32 Mb and FAT formatted
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

2019-06 Map Update Failure 4 years 1 month ago #3

• Pentris
  • Pentris's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Duracell
Thank you. This is my second Kadjar and the USB stick is reformatted between each map update with no problems before. I see that you have the 2016 version which I had before. In the 2019 version Kadjar the all round sensors are highly sensitive and are not adjustable anymore. Even changes in the road such as dips can sometimes trigger the sensors for no real reason. I do normally drive on a motorway to do this update but as I am now in lockdown as a medically vulnerable over 70's it may be many months before I can try again.

2019-06 Map Update Failure 4 years 1 month ago #4

• Fraserl
  • Thank you received: 12
Just finished updating mine (2015), just sat on the driveway to do it. Took around 30 or so mins.
Regards

Fraser

Kadjar Dynamique S Nav 1.6 Dci with lighting pack

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds