Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Genuine renault service parts 3 years 10 months ago #1

• Evil.soup
  • Evil.soup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
My Kadjar 1.5 diesel is due a service and as I am out of warranty I have decided to use an independent mechanic for the work. Now I am stuck in a PCP deal at the moment so I have to use what Renault call "genuine renault parts". I do hate that line as it's just code for inflated prices. I did ask the Renault service centre if he could tell me the make of the "genuine parts" but he said he isnt able to give me that information, like he was protecting his password to his bank account!!
I guess what I need to know is,who manufactures renault service parts I.e. oil filter, air filter and fuel filter, and where can I get "genuine parts" from? The internet is a minefield of companies selling "blueprint" parts or Renault wanting to charge me a weeks wages for a paper filter...any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks all

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Genuine renault service parts 3 years 10 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
I think personally they just want something with the Renault trademark on it.
Me personally, I would just use recognised quality branded products rather than something manufactured by JoeBloggs Industries.
As for oils, you know it is all about Elf with Renault.
Things like Cam belts, go to Renault all the time you have a PCP deal going on.
Quite frankly, yes Renault parts are inflated but where they really screw you is on labour but, having said that, make sure your PCP allows you to go to independents and, if so, there are no conditions attached. If they can get out of paying out on a technicality they will generally use it.

When you bought your car from Renault, did you not get a discount card from the dealer for parts?
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Genuine renault service parts 3 years 10 months ago #3

• Evil.soup
  • Evil.soup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the reply, I have gone with Bosch replacement parts and Shell Helix oil in the end, I have used it for a number of years in my other car, good quality oil.

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds