Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electronic handbrake 3 years 9 months ago #1

• Kadjarphil
  • Kadjarphil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Picked up my new Kadjar yesterday and it's parked outside my house the driveway is on a slope.
I cannot get used to the handbrake, is it supposed to automatically release when I put my foot on the accelorator?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electronic handbrake 3 years 9 months ago #2

• duracel3634
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
You also have to be in gear and attempting to drive away
2016 Black 1.2 TCE Signature Nav S Manual Petrol Bose with Tech Pack and Drop Tow Bar
Running Rlink 2 Version: 9.0.34.611 Boot 5661- Self activated Android Auto - Map Version: mappackage_tt_feu_mid_2018_06
Renault Austral Estate1.2 E-Tech FHEV Iconic Esprit Alpine 5dr Auto 4C

Re:Electronic handbrake 3 years 9 months ago #3

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
Just start driving. It will release on its own after certain amount of torque is applied at the wheels.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Electronic handbrake 3 years 9 months ago #4

• fixer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Hi, yes it does take some getting used to if you haven’t encountered it before. But once you get used to it, you’ll find it’s really quite a clever design.

Electronic handbrake 3 years 9 months ago #5

• terryp
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19

Picked up my new Kadjar yesterday and it's parked outside my house the driveway is on a slope.
I cannot get used to the handbrake, is it supposed to automatically release when I put my foot on the accelerator?

If your car has "Hill Start Assist" it will hold on the hill for 2 seconds while you move your foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal. It will feel a bit weird at first until you gain confidence in the system. This works both forwards and backwards.
2020 GT Line 1.3 Tce Nice shade of Blue

Electronic handbrake 3 years 9 months ago #6

• mac4684
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I’m new to the forum and am considering a Kadjar. However I have plenty of experience with electronic handbrakes. I’m also a driving instructor and by no means trying to tell you how to drive, but I find that when somebody is struggling to get used to hill starts the best thing to do is to set the gas at an appropriate level whilst you have the clutch pinned to the carpet, then lift the clutch up. You’ll be able to feel for the bite easily and in my current car at least (Peugeot 308) I find the releases it a lot less grabby this way.

Alternatively, and I’m not sure if this works on the Kadjar but it does on my car - try holding the button up whilst you get the clutch biting with some gas set. Once the car starts gently tugging on the handbrake let go of the button and it should come off. At least it does on the Peugeot. Sorry it’s not advice specific to you car but worth a shot. Good luck!

Last edit: by mac4684.
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds