Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re:Electronic handbrake 3 years 10 months ago #7

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251
In Kadjar's case, the e-brake holds as long as the engine does not apply a torque over some point to the wheels, which is more then the gravity trying to pull you back. So don't worry, it's not 2 seconds. Just never release it and turn it on by yourself. It's meant to work fully automatic 99.9% of the time. Only "problem" is the Auto Hill Assist turns on if the slope is over certain degree. If you're afraid the car will slide in the wrong direction, this is one of the cases you can activate the e-brake manually and then release the pedal. Then just start driving and it will release automatically.
When I was a fresh 17 years old driver (back in the 90' with a russian Moskwitch), my father learned me how to start on a hill with my heel on the brake and toes on the gas pedals (in case the emergency brake is defective). Works quite well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AOne.

Re:Electronic handbrake 3 years 10 months ago #8

• jayrgee
  • Thank you received: 4

When I was a fresh 17 years old driver (back in the 90' with a russian Moskwitch), my father learned me how to start on a hill with my heel on the brake and fingers on the gas pedals (in case the emergency brake is defective). Works quite well.

I'm impressed, but wonder if you meant toes instead of fingers? :)

Re:Re:Electronic handbrake 3 years 10 months ago #9

• AOne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 251

When I was a fresh 17 years old driver (back in the 90' with a russian Moskwitch), my father learned me how to start on a hill with my heel on the brake and fingers on the gas pedals (in case the emergency brake is defective). Works quite well.

I'm impressed, but wonder if you meant toes instead of fingers? :)

Yeah, exactly. Sorry, not a native speaker. In our language the word is the same for the hands and the feet ;)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
1.6 dCI, 2WD, Zen+ , Retractable Tow Bar.
RLink 2 - V9.0.34.610, Here Maps (2021/Q4) + TomTom POIs and SpeedCams (2021_06)

Electronic handbrake 3 years 10 months ago #10

• Kadjarphil
  • Kadjarphil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Its taken a week to get used to it, mainly because my drive is on a steep incline and only have 4 foot clearence before I had the house wall!

Re:Electronic handbrake 3 years 10 months ago #11

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Well, Zastava and Yugo at least had working handbrake... almost evey hour during my driving school I had to stop on a very steep hill and start with handbrake. No movement back was allowed... and I use electric handbrake since 2003 in my second Scenic. Rememer I had simmilar problems at the begining. But now this is mandatory whit what car must be equipped...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Electronic handbrake 3 years 10 months ago #12

• PatWar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 55
A couple of months ago I had my 'C' Service and as I couldn't wait for it the dealer gave me a courtesy car. Instead of the Megane I had ordered I could only have a Clio TCE75 (five gears plus handbrake). All well and good until I had to pop down to the shops and parked the car in a nearby car park. When I returned the car was not where I left it. It had in fact rolled down a small incline and was stopped by a Renault van, damaging both his and my front bumper. The owner was standing there waiting for me. I realised immediately what had happened. Being so used to an electronic handbrake I had stopped the car, turned it off and got out of the car and away I went without a second glance. The upshot was it cost me a £250 excess when I returned to the dealers.The senior moments seem to be occurring more and more often. An expensive lesson but its electronic parkbrakes for me every time.
formerly 2017 Dynamique S Nav 1.2 TCE in Cosmos Blue, RLink 3.3.16.981
now 2020 Captur S-Edition TCE130 manual in Desert Orange with Black Roof

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds