file Electric failure warning light

• 91Marley
  • 91Marley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

Electric failure warning light was created by 91Marley

Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light on an issue I’ve been having.

I bought a 19 plate Kadjar two months ago, and since then it’s been fine other than a “electric failure - danger” alert popping up when I’m driving at low speed (under 15mph) or when stationary with engine running. It doesn’t happen every time I drive it, meaning the garage I took it to couldn’t diagnose the issue as it wasn’t showing at the time, nor could they make it happen.

I’ve seen a few other posts saying they’ve had similar faults, so was hoping for some guidance on what’s the best action to take. 

Thanks in advance!
2 months 3 weeks ago #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 195

Replied by Robertp on topic Electric failure warning light

Hi

if there was a warning light then this error is memorized in ECU. If your garage is not able to read basic error with generic ELM 327 tester then I suggest you to change garage.
You can buy an ELM327 OBD2 module and a free app for car diagnostic for mobile phone to read basic error code. And module should not cost you more then 15-20 pounds. 
Basically that error means that one of sensor died. In my case was a switch for braking lights on brake pedal...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2
1 week 3 days ago #2

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by pete8641 on topic Electric failure warning light

Can I ask what app you use please? I have one of the modules arriving today to diagnose a similar problem. 
thank you. 
1 week 2 days ago #3

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds