Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Electric failure warning light 1 year 4 months ago #1

• 91Marley
  • 91Marley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all, hoping someone can shed some light on an issue I’ve been having.

I bought a 19 plate Kadjar two months ago, and since then it’s been fine other than a “electric failure - danger” alert popping up when I’m driving at low speed (under 15mph) or when stationary with engine running. It doesn’t happen every time I drive it, meaning the garage I took it to couldn’t diagnose the issue as it wasn’t showing at the time, nor could they make it happen.

I’ve seen a few other posts saying they’ve had similar faults, so was hoping for some guidance on what’s the best action to take. 

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Electric failure warning light 1 year 2 months ago #2

• Robertp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 199
Hi

if there was a warning light then this error is memorized in ECU. If your garage is not able to read basic error with generic ELM 327 tester then I suggest you to change garage.
You can buy an ELM327 OBD2 module and a free app for car diagnostic for mobile phone to read basic error code. And module should not cost you more then 15-20 pounds. 
Basically that error means that one of sensor died. In my case was a switch for braking lights on brake pedal...
2016 White 1.6 dCi 4WD BOSE with Premium Techno Pack, Winter Pack, Panoramic glass roof & autodipp mirror and retractable towbar.
Added ambient illumination, few chrome trims,
Replaced R-Link2 V2.2 SW version 9. 0.34.611, enabled Android Auto and CarPlay (change USB slots)
Maps: Here 2022Q2

Electric failure warning light 1 year 2 months ago #3

• pete8641
  • Thank you received: 0
Can I ask what app you use please? I have one of the modules arriving today to diagnose a similar problem. 
thank you. 

• Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds