Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Driver display settings keep resetting 4 years 2 months ago #1

• Kadjarman
  • Kadjarman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I have a strange problem with the main speedo display settings. Recently when I switched on the engine, the speedo display had changed from my preferred setting with the rev counter display around the outside of the speedometer to the default eco setting. I reset it back to what I wanted only for it to happen again a few days later. This keeps happening every few days and I am at a loss to know why. Anyone else had this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Driver display settings keep resetting 4 years 2 months ago #2

• Iustin70
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My car has the same problem. I noticed it last winter. This malfunction has to do with the outside negative temperatures and also with the length of the parking time. The solution for this issue is only one: replacing the dashboard. Most of the dealers know about this problem and they will do the replacement without comments. My dealer will replace my car's dashboard this month. I hope your car is still under warranty, because the new item costs around 800 euro. Good luck!

Last edit: by Iustin70. Reason: Forgot to say something

Driver display settings keep resetting 4 years 2 months ago #3

• squilly
  • Thank you received: 10
My speedo settings haven't changed, but then I think I am on the default setting anyway. However, driving to work yesterday I realised I was not hearing any speed camera alerts. The settings had all been reset to off. I don't know exactly when it happened, but there were a couple of times over the holiday period were the car wasn't driven for a couple of days and the temperature was low. Do you know if this is likely to be a symptom of the same problem?
2016 1.5 dCi Signature Nav 5d EDC in Flame Red
Running Rlink 2 Version: 7.0.24.161 Boot 5615
First registered 06/2016

Driver display settings keep resetting 4 years 2 months ago #4

• Iustin70
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If you want to be sure that your car has not the same problem just change the default settings of the speedo to another style and color. If after few cold days the speedo remains with the same settings, your car dashboard is ok.
When changes (style/color) happened to my car's dashboard, first message on the speedo display was "ESC on" and I found average fuel consumption: 0.
In your case the problem could be a sort of R-link bug caused by the last soft version update. Go to speed camera alert screen. Set alert to "on" and stay in that screen for one minute watching the settings. If the setting will stay "on" it's ok. If in this time the setting will turn itself to "off", than R-link has a problem caused by the last software update. (Sorry for my bad grammar, I'm not a native English speaker)

Last edit: by Iustin70. Reason: Grammar matter
  • Page:
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds